Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Father O'Malley and the jackass. >

OT: Father O'Malley and the jackass.

Notices

OT: Father O'Malley and the jackass.

Old 09-05-2002, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking OT: Father O'Malley and the jackass.

Father O'Malley rose from his bed. It was a fine spring day in his new Washington, D.C/ parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep beath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn.

He promptly called the U.S. Senate for assistance. The conversation went like this:

"Good morning. This is Senator Daschle. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'[Malley at St. Brigid's. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn. Would ye be so kind as to send a couple o' yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Senator Daschle, considering himself to be quite a wit, replied with a smirk, "Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was a dead silence on the line for a long moment. Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye, that's certainly true, be we are also obliged to notify the next of kin."