Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4 >

Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Notices

Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Old 11-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pro27, did you dyno the motor after the whipple install?
Old 11-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Pro27, did you dyno the motor after the whipple install?
No I didn't dyno motor.Nice Active Thunder
Old 11-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey my comment was in response to the prior two speed comments only. Personally I think Pro27 is to be commended for doing what I don't see often by the south shore guys putting his money where is mouth is an trying something different and for that I really hope his project has the desired result he's after. He knows though probably better then most there's a lot of chest thumping going on over there not based in fact and because I allowed myself to get caught up in that. I've learned to trust but verify and especially in this case with identical hulls if he cant pass me well we know something isn't quite factual unless I've got the GPS that needs calibration. Bottom line love his boat and his goal of a high horse power efficient reliable performance boat package exactly what I'm trying to do just with outboards.

Last edited by Omni Present; 11-08-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Omni Present
Hey my comment was in response to the prior two speed comments only. Personally I think Pro27 is to be commended for doing what I don't see often by the south shore guys putting his money where is mouth is an trying something different and for that I really hope his project has the desired result he's after. He knows though probably better then most there's a lot of chest thumping going on over there not based in fact and because I allowed myself to get caught up in that. I've learned to trust but verify and especially in this case with identical hulls if he cant pass me well we know something isn't quite factual unless I've got the GPS that needs calibration. Bottom line love his boat and his goal of a high horse power efficient reliable performance boat package exactly what I'm trying to do just with outboards.
Then why don't you take your retaliation to the chest thumping "over there" as well so Pro27's thread can stay on track?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Then why don't you take your retaliation to the chest thumping "over there" as well so Pro27's thread can stay on track?
The beautiful thing about the internet is we all have our own opinion.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Smarty
This may help alleviate some doubt, I see that it is a four blade propeller in the picture, the boat turns 5600 rpms @ 102 mph, well plug in the size of the prop, the slip is the big question mark, and see what the calculator determines, B Blades, Throttle-Up all have formula for determining slip, which may help in you in removing doubt about top-end speed, It is 100% conclusive, no, but if the calculator says 98.5, or 101, or 100, you know that his GPS is not that far off, I think a 1% margin of error would not be that bad.
Thanks Smarty good point Mercury and Herring slip calculators actually have me going faster,so that's why I'm still working on set up,let's see what happens,I haven't even tried playing with different props yet,FYI my prop is 32 pitch 16.5 dia merc cnc 5 blade clever,1.5 gear ratio. Thanks again

Last edited by pro27; 11-09-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Omni Present
The beautiful thing about the internet is we all have our own opinion.
You know what they say about opinions! LOL
Old 11-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Registered

Pro27, how many hours do you think you have dialing it in? Since you didn't dyno, how did you estimate your HP in your 11/6 post? Did you estimate based off the boost? If so, how much are you at? Last question, how long does it take you to get on plane? Your set up really interest me, but I have a short boating season where I'm located.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

The Whippled 525 makes around 750-770 I believe with the stage 2.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Feverz29
Pro27, how many hours do you think you have dialing it in? Since you didn't dyno, how did you estimate your HP in your 11/6 post? Did you estimate based off the boost? If so, how much are you at? Last question, how long does it take you to get on plane? Your set up really interest me, but I have a short boating season where I'm located.
Dialing in took some time because gear case had to go back to IMCO several times for changes to be made and get delivery of spacers which we just ordered another one and they sent the wrong one tic toc,I will try to put together an accurate time line for you.As far as hp that was in reference to old motor and set up,Whipple claims 770-780 hp with stage 2 but I believe that is crank hp not prop hp.boat gets on plane very quick I do have long K tabs but really not much difference unless I have a heavy load of people,I believe this set up between prop and gear case has made a big improvement as far as speed and handling over a bravo style set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.