Geico gets torched in Key West >

Geico gets torched in Key West

Notices

Geico gets torched in Key West

Old 11-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Just back from Key West. Thanks for the support everyone.

We apologize for not being able to perform on Wed and Fri. We had some water flow blockage that would only reveal itself at high speeds when pushing very hard giving us Guardian through the entire event (saving engine but reduced power) the warnings indicated it may be a voltage problem so we chased a ghost for a bit. We knew we had a boat that was every bit as fast as both #3 teams. It was disappointing having to nurse it and take less than desirable finishes for those two races. Trust me, we would not have been turning 105-114 MPH lap speeds in flat water when we are capable of 120's.

The crew solved the problem and we had one job to do on Sunday and no one was getting in the way of that, regardless of whether we won the championship or not we were determined to win on Sunday.

The Miss GEICO did not replace or remove an engine the entire week. We were also the ONLY unlimited team to complete ALL the required laps through the course of the week.

It was an honor running with all the teams that showed up in Key West this year. Hopefully we will see more of them out next year.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but seems like there are a lot of Guardian mode issues with these engines, is there any way to disable it or selectively disable it? For example the engines want to go into guardian mode because you lose a water temp sensor or it is giving erratic readings, but you know based on oil temp, EGT, engine sound and performance, and your crew spotting you that you still have good water flow coming out the exhaust, disable it and keep going? Seems like that should be an option on such an expensive piece sold for racing, you shouldn't have to endure the same stupid alarms that I used to get from my 496's, and not be able bypass them if warranted.

Do you think you would have blown an engine(s) if it wasn't for the guardian mode, at anytime not just this past weekend?

Oh and congrats you guys earned it, that was not a friendly course on Sunday! It was scary to watch sitting at my desk, can't imagine what you guys were thinking looking at the sky!

Last edited by pstorti; 11-11-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=JBS;4216314]Geico can't pay people to detune their competition anymore so they actually have to race

clear your in box, tried messaging you. its full. you will smile!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

[QUOTE=JBS;4216428]I guess I forgot that opinions aren't allowed except if you limp around the racecourse or you have never owned a boat or ever even been to a race.OSO

A S S H O L E
Old 11-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
A S S H O L E
???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXRBELZpKak ???

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-12-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532585[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]532586[/ATTACH]
Yeah, not sure about the nonsense. Facts are JBS had a really nice ride and Geico is one awesome team.
Attached Thumbnails Geico gets torched in Key West-09bb0450.jpg   Geico gets torched in Key West-20141109_131512_zpsq6tr3zcb.jpg  

Last edited by Lighthouse; 11-13-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but seems like there are a lot of Guardian mode issues with these engines, is there any way to disable it or selectively disable it? For example the engines want to go into guardian mode because you lose a water temp sensor or it is giving erratic readings, but you know based on oil temp, EGT, engine sound and performance, and your crew spotting you that you still have good water flow coming out the exhaust, disable it and keep going? Seems like that should be an option on such an expensive piece sold for racing, you shouldn't have to endure the same stupid alarms that I used to get from my 496's, and not be able bypass them if warranted.

Do you think you would have blown an engine(s) if it wasn't for the guardian mode, at anytime not just this past weekend?

Oh and congrats you guys earned it, that was not a friendly course on Sunday! It was scary to watch sitting at my desk, can't imagine what you guys were thinking looking at the sky!
i would suspect the geico team would want the override ability. however, whether mother mercury has seen fit to release ecm coding to the teams that will allow such overrides is the big question.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:47 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 11-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Just back from Key West. Thanks for the support everyone.

We apologize for not being able to perform on Wed and Fri. We had some water flow blockage that would only reveal itself at high speeds when pushing very hard giving us Guardian through the entire event (saving engine but reduced power) the warnings indicated it may be a voltage problem so we chased a ghost for a bit. We knew we had a boat that was every bit as fast as both #3 teams. It was disappointing having to nurse it and take less than desirable finishes for those two races. Trust me, we would not have been turning 105-114 MPH lap speeds in flat water when we are capable of 120's.

The crew solved the problem and we had one job to do on Sunday and no one was getting in the way of that, regardless of whether we won the championship or not we were determined to win on Sunday.

The Miss GEICO did not replace or remove an engine the entire week. We were also the ONLY unlimited team to complete ALL the required laps through the course of the week.

It was an honor running with all the teams that showed up in Key West this year. Hopefully we will see more of them out next year.
Marc and Scotty, there is no need to apologize. You went out, raced and gave it your all each day regardless of guardian mode or not. Sunday's race just proved that you guys are tops in the class. Besides, the guardian issues gave us fans some extra drama to think about during race #3..and when the boat needed to run..it ran like only Miss Geico can..FAST and Furious!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Marc and Scotty, there is no need to apologize. You went out, raced and gave it your all each day regardless of guardian mode or not. Sunday's race just proved that you guys are tops in the class. Besides, the guardian issues gave us fans some extra drama to think about during race #3..and when the boat needed to run..it ran like only Miss Geico can..FAST and Furious!
Anybody who can control a boat like you guy's did last sunday and regroup and hammer down till the end takes a big set. The entire crowd had goosebumps myself included.That was intense !!! Glad we made it down and look forward to more competition next year and the class getting bigger.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

In every sport, there's always a player, or a team, that has professional responses, are polite, and are good for their sport. Whether you win or lose, The Geico team always seems to come out with class. For whatever reason, there's always been haters of the Good Guys. Not much anyone has ever been able to do about it, so just wear it with a badge of courage, and also, consider the source.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.