Racing Opinions

Old 05-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job today. Y'all looked great in your first race. Congratulations
Old 05-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job on the first race! It sure looked "a little bumpy".
Old 05-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll detail the events soon but it was the experience of a lifetime.

3rd place in a class with all the best.....

As Bob Teague put it......you don't know what you don't know so you just my get lucky...and we did.

I think we had the fastest lap of all 6 boats.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I'll detail the events soon but it was the experience of a lifetime.

3rd place in a class with all the best.....

As Bob Teague put it......you don't know what you don't know so you just my get lucky...and we did.

I think we had the fastest lap of all 6 boats.
Brett
I was there watching and was impressed with you guys,,, you stated a few hundred yards back at the beginning,, and continued to improve on each and every lap

The fastest single laps were 99.1 ( both Stihl & Pro floors)

PBC, was very prepared and consistent,,,,,

Congrats,, see you at LOTO[ATTACH=CONFIG]567622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]567622[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Racing Opinions-screen-shot-2017-05-22-4.40.21-pm.png  
Old 05-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Registered

Every team was gracious and helpful. All came up afterwards for handshake.....and my favorite "great job mate" from the Pro Floors guys.

We ran our race, stuck to the plan and finished safely and without breaking expensive things.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

i live streamed it,
2nd or 3rd last lap coming out of the turn around the mega yacht (heading north) you caught some nice air, looked like you flew the length of the boat.
congratulations, i hope you stay in it and contribute to the sport for many years to come.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Well done guys.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:39 AM
Registered

8 days before the race - we went to LOTO to test but the boat was in pieces. Not even close. I was not very happy and didn't want to drag the boat to Cocoa with zero seat time in a boat that was unlikely to be finished.

Wednesday - 4 days before the race - PBC had put all hands on deck and got the boat running at about 10pm. Tyson and Tristan headed out only to find out that the trailer lights weren't working - an hour later they found a bolt had been put through the wiring, fixed it and were off.

Thursday - Tyson is sick. Fevers, chills, cough, headaches. Doesn't sleep but powers through.

Friday - Boat arrives at 2am. Tyson had just pulled off one of those Navy Seal moments. We go to sleep and get up at early to take the boat to the pits next to PBC. Andy, Greg, and Myrick get to work. The MCON crew (Me, Tyler, Tyson and wives Lesley, Lindsey, and Tristan) cleans the boat and hauler, applies the vinyl, gets all the accessories at West Marine (ropes, bumpers, life jackets......
We make street party but the boat isn't ready for testing tomorrow.

Saturday (test day) - Tyler and I have to go to drivers meetings and dunker test while Tyson and PBC finish the boat.
We finally test - Tyler (throttles) and Tyson take the boat out for a test. Tyson goes instead of me because we don't know what we are doing. We have never driven the boat. He can also fix and diagnose any problems. This short run goes well and they come back to the dock. Now I (driver) get in the boat with Jay Muller and do the same. Jay loves the boat setup now and gives me some pointers but we didn't run up past 85mph. By the time we get back to the dock, we are out of time and Tyler and I can't run the boat together - our first time in the boat as a true rookie team will be race day.

Sunday (race day) - I'm pretty relaxed because I've decided we are just gonna go boating and have nothing to lose. Everyone in the pits knows our story and has told us to just go have fun, don't be stupid, and get some seat time. Tyler is a nervous wreck and is looking for a place to puke. We see Johnny and Myrick and I have Johnny give Tyler a little pregame talk. Tristan still puts puke bags in the boat because Tyler doesn't look all clear.

130pm - they call for us to head to the milling circle. We shove off from the wall and idle out. I help Tyler get 100% strapped in and situated. I had made a checklist that we put in the boat to go through before we closed the hatch. At this point I feel great with no stress. I had no intention in getting us in trouble.

Milling circle - we had watched every start possible so knew a little about the process. We were required to start 100 yards back so again no stress. I found it easies to 1/4 away from the transom of Cleveland Const.

Race control calls for us to get behind the pace boat and all the boats take off........I see rooster tails and an hint of green flag - they left us and I'm scream at Tyler to go.......We are racing!!

The plan of 80-90% is gone in 3 seconds and Tyler pins the throttles. The boat is incredible. Not once did I feel out of control or on the edge.

We slowed for the turns and hammered on the straits. When we caught WHM and stayed on their transom we learned to turn. We follow their speed and line through the turn. I made about 5 good turns, and the rest sucked. We did hit a couple of huge flyers on the south but I always made my turn then pointed the boat strait. I was not going to roll this beast our first race.

The last lap we could have passed WHM again if we would have cornered aggressively but I told Tyler we will go in moderate, not get hurt, and not break our equipment.

We see checkered flag and head back to the pits with smiles ear to ear.

Since we are a crew of 6, we have to get back and clean our own boat, put everything away and keep working before we can enjoy this.

The Stihl team tells us we "got 3rd because Pro Floors DQ'd." and SBI says "make sure the MCON team is at the award ceremony"

The rest is hard to describe. Every team and SBI official came to congratulate us. Then at the awards ceremony the SBI presenter tells everyone to quiet down because "this team needs special recognition". He says "this is the first race ever for both of them and first time in the boat together......" "not only did they finish safely, but they made the podium.....in third place team MCON"......Standing ovation follows.

Still pretty hard to believe it all happened. So many people to thank for pulling this off. This is a memory my cousin and I will talk about for a lifetime.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

That was a great read Brett. Happy you guy not only made it, raced, and placed but had a GREAT time doing it!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Brett
I was there watching and was impressed with you guys,,, you stated a few hundred yards back at the beginning,, and continued to improve on each and every lap

The fastest single laps were 99.1 ( both Stihl & Pro floors)

PBC, was very prepared and consistent,,,,,

Congrats,, see you at LOTO[ATTACH=CONFIG]567622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]567622[/ATTACH]
What happened to Pro Floors? Thought they finished 2nd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.