Notices

Pantera in classifieds

Old 08-30-2002, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts
Default Pantera in classifieds

Anyone seen or know anything about the 38' 1996 Pantera posted in the classified section ?
It's for sale without power and drives but fully rigged and includes a trailer for 28K.

Sounds like a great project boat if there's no issues with the hull.

ed
Old 08-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at that the other day. I figured it was a missprint and since I do not have anywhere to put a 38 foot project boat I didnt bother to call.
That could be a very sweet deal though. It even looks like it has never been in the water.
Something is not right
Old 08-30-2002, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

I was thinking it may be an insurance buy back after theft or sinking. Interesting. Think I'll E-mail seller

ed
Old 08-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default already did

I emailed him earylier, and have never gotten a response.

Get some 500hps and its ready to rock, could be a 100mph boat.

OH YEH

Randy
Old 08-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Pantera built a few 38's out of the 38 Signature molds. I think this boat was raced a few times AND it has a WING on top like BUZZI boat. My .02
Old 08-30-2002, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found this post in the pantera section of the board. That seems like it would make a great project. Post if you find out any other information on it.

Hey Fred,This was a boat that we built in the early 90s.It was the original Signature Mold from Tommy Adams.I raced this boat in the mid 90s in Modified class of old.It is a fast bottom with a very shard deadrise up in the bow.The boat had to be driven carefully in the turns.It has a 18 degree bottom near the transom.We stopped producing this boat after a few we put together due to the fact that the boat had outdated lines.Our customer put the best into the boat for parts and power and did run in the 115 MPH range by me.We took a few top 3 in the nationals on 95 season.The boat was powered with twin 1200 HP Gelner Engineering motors with number 6 drives.The wing was an Idea our customer wanted to try.We designed this wing to pick the boat out of the water at speeds over 100 MPH.It did work but would loose steering once the boat would come out of the water.I played with this design at Lake X with our customer.Regards, JO

Last edited by mika; 08-30-2002 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this not the boat that was forsale on the Black Thunder website a few months ago?

The price is right because if memory serves me right, you could have bought it from Black Thunder for around $25,000.
Old 08-30-2002, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guys,

Sorry not answering faster but have been really tied up.

Now to answer your questions about this boat for sale in the classifieds.In the early 1990s we built 4 of these 38s.It was the original Tommy Adams 38 Signature molds.We built 3 of these that went overseas and the one that is now for sale.

I built this boat for a customer based in Ohio to run in the Modified class in APBA .It was powered with twin 1100 HP blower motors with number 6 drives.The boat was built with all the best parts.It has 600 C series Merc. tabs,Auto Meter liquid filled instruments,Aluminum windscren powdercoated,Mayfair throttles,and a first class rig job .

I ran the boat in 2 nationals with my customer in 1995 and placed in the top three in both.I think my customer had 1 more race done up in the Great Lakes that year and some testing time. All in all the boat does not have over 50 hours of running time on it.

I ran the boat at Lake X and got 112 MPH on radar and still had some more in it.The bottom of this 38 Signature had an 18 degree deadrise toward the transom ( Fast ) and a sharp 28 degree up near the bow.You basically needed to turn the boat with the drives tucked out a bit so the 28 degree bottom near the bow would not catch and force the ass end around.For pleasure use it would run and turn fine.

We built this boat with race bulkheads every 36 inches and it was built to take big abuse.I think the boat would make a great Poker run boat or maybe put it back into racing in the P- Classes.Twin 500 EFIs would make a nice package but would require to fill in the transom cut outs for # 6 drives.

The boat is also sitting on a Target Trailer ( 5th wheel ) with Mag wheels,brakes and fresh water tanks.The trailer was over a $ 12,000 investment at the time.The 3 man bolster in it cost over $ 10,000 to produce at the time with the dash also being padded in a teal color.

The boat is priced right and would make a great boat for somebody that would like to put in a little time into it and does not care about having a cabin.

The boat was sold recently by Black Thunder boats and went up North.

If anyone needs any questions answered feel free to email me here at Pantera. My Email is [email protected] or 305-948-5600.

Regards, JO - Pantera Boats