How much this COULD be worth? >

How much this COULD be worth?

Notices

How much this COULD be worth?

Old 11-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default How much this COULD be worth?

Been trying to sell my Avanti, but hardly anyone knows about the hull's heritage, connection to Don Aronow, Banana boat, Coyote, Sonic, so I won't get into it.
So,, how much the boat would be worth with the following set up
2008 Hull, 2001 496's, (under 200 hours) Bravo drives, K-planes, McCloud El. bolsters, Gaffrieg gauges, mirrored hatch. Imco PS. 1000 W stereo, all the typical goodies, bunch of LED's all over. 250 Gal racing tanks. Custom graphics. etc.
She has 525's and XR' shorties, but I have a project that I'm thinking about and might take out the 525's and XR's and reduce the price of course.
I had the same hull years ago with 496's and she did mid to upper 70's with labbed props. With the 525's, XR's and ITS she goes to upper 80's.
So.. how much $ with the 496's ?
Thx
P
Old 11-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I am not sure on pricing but if you have the facilities to do the work yourself, you will get more overall return keeping the 525s and Xr's for yourself and installing the the 496's. Realistically it will only decrease the overall value of the boat by a percentage of what the 525's are worth and might actually help to sell the boat at a lower price to someone looking to get into a bigger boat on a budget.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered

Sort of what I was thinking. I can get the 525's etc. out, but I would not want to install. I just have to do the math with this project I'm considering.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Sort of what I was thinking. I can get the 525's etc. out, but I would not want to install. I just have to do the math with this project I'm considering.

Ya if the labor for the work can be done for a fair price then I say it is worth it. The 496's shouldn't effect the price too bad and actually might draw in a few buyers that didn't want the extra work and upkeep of the Merc blue's.

If you can get them out and the 496's in for good price I think it will work out best for ya.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a 33 that's 5 yrs older than yours with low hr 496/b1 ASKING @$69,900
Use that as a baseline comp and add a few grand for the year difference.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a big mistake to start switching it. It's going to make it more difficult to sell your boat. You've already got a boat built by a company that not many people know. To add your selling a 2008 boat with 2001 motors is only going to hurt the resale even more. Perhaps one way to consider moving forward would be selling the boat minus power and engines separately. Why invest the time and money installing old motors in a new boat? Anyone that buys an your boat will most probably realize its capabilities and will rip those old 496's out.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
I think it's a big mistake to start switching it. It's going to make it more difficult to sell your boat. You've already got a boat built by a company that not many people know. To add your selling a 2008 boat with 2001 motors is only going to hurt the resale even more. Perhaps one way to consider moving forward would be selling the boat minus power and engines separately. Why invest the time and money installing old motors in a new boat? Anyone that buys an your boat will most probably realize its capabilities and will rip those old 496's out.
Don't be so sure on that last statement.

There are many buyers like me that have no desire to ever have a Merc blue motor regardless of the extra speed. Even the guy looking at buying my boat currently passed over a Merc blue motor boat cause he didn't want the extra upkeep.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

I'm looking for a $ value more than anything. Not sure what's that 33 you referencing, but seems a start. I seen a 33 something Sonic, (in the class sect) pretty much the same hull with different deck for $70K as well. Few years older. If the Avanti could be sold for $80+K with the 496's I will do it. I have the 496's and bravos available. Taking out I can do, putting them in I would have some one do it.
I can get the 525's etc. out, but I would not want to install. I just have to do the math with this project I'm considering. Swapping the motors and drives is not a big deal. The hardest thing is to figure out the "new" 496 set up with the custom steering. The 525's are set up that I have 2 PS units with a pressure regulator, so if I shut one motor of, I still have 100% steering. I don't have the typ. primary motor for the steering. Both have the pumps so either one could be used if one fails or I just put-put on one motor. It's a safety thing I worked out with IMCO and I can lower the hours when I just go in no wake zones, or slow, I don't need both motors so I can alternate and keep the hours down. It's great but it will be a bit tricky to transfer to the 496's, if they only use one pump. Worse case I just add a PS pump to the one that doesn't have it. Minor details
Old 11-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Don't be so sure on that last statement.
There are many buyers like me that have no desire to ever have a Merc blue motor regardless of the extra speed. Even the guy looking at buying my boat currently passed over a Merc blue motor boat cause he didn't want the extra upkeep.
BTW, Nate. Did you sell the boat? What happened with the "meeting" ? Your sonic is pretty compatible with the Avanti W/496's. Hull a bit older, motors a bit newer. 75-80K seem inline.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I'd have to say you may be going in the wrong direction thinking a repower with less H.P & Bravo drives will sell your boat. Without insulting you I'd suggest your problem is you have a boat that has a heritage as you described but few really know anything about Avanti powerboats outside of a couple websites where you may post. They are/were a low production builder and there also is the issue with multiple builders and legal problems if you do a internet search. Comparing it to Don Aronow, Banana boat, Coyote, Sonic is fine but Sonic is the only one building boats now and many people don't know who Aronow is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.