Notices

Bankruptcy Attorney

Old 08-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bankruptcy Attorney

If anyone knows of a good bankruptcy attorney in the Orange/Riverside County area, I would appreciate their phone number. The f^@king c*^t I was married to has soaked me for literally evey penny I had in the bank, and continues to try to bleed me to death. I know of no other way out. Gonna lose the boat too.

If it sounds like I'm bitter towards her, you're very perceptive. It always amazes me how someone you once loved, and claims they loved you, can turn 180 degrees on you and no longer give a f^@k what they do to you.

Ex-wives...Ya surely don't love them or need them, but you also can't take them shark fishing and not bring them back.

Last edited by Laveyman; 08-30-2002 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:27 AM
Registered

Im with ya on the 180 thing.
Luckily mine didnt involve children or longevity...MY money was pretty much insulated but I bought a house and put it both our names (why not we were married). I must have liked the house more than she because she stopped comming home and drinking to excess is an understatment. Anyhow she was still able to get 1/2 the house. Fauker!!
Even with good buy and great realestate gains in northern NJ its gonna be a while before break even.
Very sorry to hear your situation. I dont quite get the courts.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:35 AM
Apache22

a little late advice, next time try a prepun, or cash in a saftey depaosit, or your boat and stuff in your moms name, wake up and smell the legal realities of life.

My wife and i havd a prenup, whats mine is mine whats hers is hers and we hold each other harmless for any claims for posessions, what we own jointly is didvided 50 - 50

we have three checking accounts, hers, mine, and a joint account
(ours) we pay our joint owned bills, insurance, taxes and groceries, dining out and utilities etc. with, whats she does with her individual money and assests is her business, what i do with mine is mine.

We split our bills on a pro rated basis, I make more money than she does so I pay 60% of our joint bills she pays 40%, that way we each have ample personal fianaces left.

If we want to buy something or take a vacatiion we split it 50 - 50

sure simplifies life,

Old 08-30-2002, 11:40 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

Originally posted by Apache22
wake up and smell the legal realities of life.
Gee thanks for the warm fuzzy feelings! If I want to know how I'm gonna get f^@ked over, I'd just ask my wife.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Rick252

Thumbs down

A guy I work with had his wife run off with a neighbor. Now he pays some ungodly amount to the slut monthly. After finding out she was having an in-ground pool put in at HIS house he took her back to court. Verdict.... He has to pay $200.00 more a month.

Old 08-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Registered

Hide everything, then in 60 days see a lawyer.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Apache22
My wife and i havd a prenup, whats mine is mine whats hers is hers and we hold each other harmless for any claims for posessions, what we own jointly is didvided 50 - 50
I had one!
You are very right HOWEVER. Buy with your money and put it in both your names and you F'ed. Now Im going to imagine your response to be, Dahhh. Well explain that to her at the closing. "Im buying a house and as my wife you can stay here but its really all mine". If I had known she would be such a ***** I would have been more of a dick but thats not me. You would think a judge would look at it and say WTF. She had a huge financial insentive to make the marrige fail.
My buddies wife ran up all his credit cards after their separation. It was clearly maliciuos and he still got stuck with the bill.
Im not bitter.....it was worth every penny....but it still sucks.
I feel for anyone going through it, IT SUCKS.
I feel for the next one that wants to get married to me.... Ill just have to convince her I think my lawyer is a jerk too
Old 08-30-2002, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My Ex tried to get half of my boat but it was bought and paid for before we got married-so she got none of it. We had just bought a new house so it didn't have much equity. She also got two credit cards and ran them way up and her laywer says to me that I will be paying those bills also. I said NOT--- The cards were only in her name and she never bought anything for me with them so she was stuck with the bills. Boy did that piss her off. She came into the marrage litterally with the clothes on her back and she was driving my new car. She left with her new car that she had to make the payments on and little else. I put up with her cheating on me for three years and one day I just had enough and called my laywer and served her. She couldn't believe it.

Friend of mine had a business and was getting a divorce from his cheating wife and boy did he get even. What he did was overestimate his quarterly taxes by $1,000,000 Then after he was divorsed he amended it and got the excess back. He was a very happy man. His wife never found out.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:51 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee, I guess all this goes to show you there is "COURTING" before AND after marriage
Old 08-30-2002, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to add to the chit you guys are going through, but if you are given or inherit say propery or a business after your married and then split does she get half of it too.

WILL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.