Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run >

Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run

Notices

Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run

Old 11-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where i ride which is hurley wi every year they use to do a snowmobile poker run called the red light rally.. I use to run it every year but its usually the first weekend in dec and the last few years the snow has been mia so early in the season so they quit doing it..bummer i use to enjoy it..
Old 11-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Looks like a great time! very well put together!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to go skiing years ago and had some fun, but I was always cold! I made a conscious decision to never go anywhere cold then where I am at any given time. It's been working for me. After all the years and broken bones of racing motorcycles and titanium in my body warm is where I want to be.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Been thinking of heading south this winter but that looks like a blast. Jim

Btw....congrats Doc on the win at the worlds, it was fun watching it online.

Last edited by fountain4play; 11-13-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks fun and I've heard the snowys are great.
if you get cold you're not riding hard enough, get stuck in the deep stuff a couple times and I guarantee you'll be warmed up!
Old 11-14-2014, 06:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
While I have no desire to snow anything......I think this is pretty damn cool.

There is no such think as "Bad Weather" or "to cold", just inappropriate clothing !!
Attached Thumbnails Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-1.jpg   Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-border-patrol.jpg   Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-doc-janssen-03-15-14b-.jpg  

Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-doc-janssen-03-15-14f.jpg   Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-photo-1.jpg   Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-photo-3.1jpg.jpg  

Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-saratoga-resort-poker-run-2012a-copy.jpg   Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-saratoga-resort-poker-run-2012d.jpg   Snowy Mountain Brewery Team Sponsoring Snowmobile Poker Run-top-speed.jpg  

Old 11-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew555
I used to go skiing years ago and had some fun, but I was always cold! I made a conscious decision to never go anywhere cold then where I am at any given time. It's been working for me. After all the years and broken bones of racing motorcycles and titanium in my body warm is where I want to be.
My wife is hounding me for a ski trip (we live in Florida). She has the fantasy that it is couples holding hands carving S turns down the mountain.......Reality is my wife/kids have never ever seen snow, they will be freezing cold/ crying about how cold it is and spending most of the vacation on their butts (falling down all day long). I bring up the broken bones possibility.........needless to say no trips planned anytime soon!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Dam!! Wish it was closer for me.

Originally Posted by FIXX
Where i ride which is hurley wi every year they use to do a snowmobile poker run called the red light rally.. I use to run it every year but its usually the first weekend in dec and the last few years the snow has been mia so early in the season so they quit doing it..bummer i use to enjoy it..

Fixx, when Do you get up to Hurely? Im up there erery year, the first or second weekend of Feb, (wends night-sunday) . Maybe see you up there!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

They killed that run for good two years ago...and the past two years, they've had snow for it! Lol.

300 miles of trail won't cut it for me...I HATE digging sleds out...I'll be on the 22,000 miles of WI trail I love this winter...and if not that, the 13,000 miles of MI trails...

Looks like an awesome event, though!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you've been boondocking, you realize the trail is just to get you to the next opening to shred, need a longer track though or its gonna be along day if theres good powder!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.