Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Teague Custom Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/320305-teague-custom-marine.html)

Don Johnson 11-19-2014 10:51 AM

Teague Custom Marine

So I am having TCM rebuild my engines/trannys, service my drives, upgrade my fuel delivery and water intake systems. What a great experience I am having; Teague communicated a clear scope of work and I receive regular updates on progress. Yesterday I had business close to Teague and showed up unannounced to check in on the progress and was so pleased with what I found. My boat was plastic wrapped to protect it and everything was so clean you could eat off of it. All the work I had approved was clearly being performed and Teague was doing the "little" things you would expect from a shop with this level of reputation. All my used parts are set aside to give to me and after walking through their shop you can tell that this is a very well managed business with pride in ownership everywhere you looked. I had the chance to chat with Bob and John and learned that they recently had a run of bad parts from a supplier and they took a proactive position and contacted all their customers that could possibly be affected by these parts and they were changing out the parts before they become a problem. This type of business model is so rare in the aftermarket "performance" world and I just wanted to take a moment to comment and share my positive experience.

SB 11-19-2014 10:53 AM

Two thumbs and two big toes up !

Padraig 11-19-2014 10:56 AM

After some of the recent negative threads about engine builds it is good to have a postive one.

Padraig

AB From Windsor 11-19-2014 11:11 AM

Really nice to read a positive Post like this, credit goes to Bob Teague and Team and I just loved the Amsoil Video from Key West and from the Detroit International Powerboat Championships.

the deep 11-19-2014 11:16 AM

Class from top to bottom . Great job TCM !

joew. 11-19-2014 11:24 AM

I called TCM to ask about engines from a boat owner claiming they were Teague's. Turned out they were not. That is not the point though. The point is, I was amazed how the entire Teague team responded to my questions and went even further reaching out to Bob for some clarification. Very awesome! I'd absolutely use them in the future should the opportunity arise. First class.

HyFive578 11-19-2014 11:59 AM

Not surprised by this at all. EVERY dealing and experience I've had with Teague has been stellar. They are a first class outfit.

On Time 11-19-2014 12:03 PM

I have visited his shop twice while on business in Cali. Class act, class shop, and always been cordial and helpful to me.

BUP 11-19-2014 01:05 PM

I can picture Bob running a very tight ship to a T, I mean this in a very positive good way. Most shops have a lack of moral, organization, skills, do not care attitude, lazy and mainly very very poor communication about anything in todays world. Still to do this day it amazes me.

The thing I will add is trying to hire employees to keep this kind of level is very very hard to do because you can not do it all by yourself. They are very lucky they have that in their employees so high praise to them.

Hiring employees in the marine business is one of the hardest things to do especially if you run a very tight ship and really care about the customer & their boats plus trying to run a marine business in a very detailed manner along with everything to a perfect T and dotting all the i's.

At least 90% of marine shops do not operate this way anymore nor never did and the ones that try to operate to a T , can not hire employees to maintain any sort of level.

Enough 4 Play 11-19-2014 04:34 PM

About 7 or 8 years ago I had nothing but problems with another shops engines. After multiple rebuilds and trading them in on a brand new set the problems never went away. I called Bob to inquire about pruchasing a set of his motors. Bob talked me into sending him the entire boat so his shop could do all of the rigging when the motors were finished. The boat came back completely re-rigged with the new motors and all of the rest of the hardware. That was the end of all the problems with that boat. I put approximately 24o hours on the motors and the next owner has continued to run them without any issues. The next boat was purchased without power so that I could have Bob build me another set. The second set are like the 1st, they have performed extermely well. Bob stands behind everything that comes out of his shop!!!