Notices

Broker percentage?

Old 12-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
It is a very very clean 2005 Sonic 358. Agreed list price is $89,995 without trailer for $5k more with, so he is standing to make in the $8k area for the boat if we do 10% . Not chump change really.
It Is going to Sun Coast Power boats in Sarasota.
I have a number figure for what I want to take home after everything and this would still fit into that number for me.
No worries Nate. Scotty is pretty ok guy. And 10% is the norm.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
No worries Nate. Scotty is pretty ok guy. And 10% is the norm.

He seems great so far. Talked to him quite a bit, just have not got down to the details in ink is all. Thanks Peter, I trust your word for sure.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Good luck on the sale Nate. If I get a empty truck heading back to Performance in the near future I will let you know. Our trucks are in and out of Florida on a regular basis.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

I have a hard time justifying the 10% broker fee personally. You can advertise all the same places they do. The have the advantage of possible financing options. Why not just lower the price a little..? Say if you somehow get your asking price @ 89k - his fee 80k. That's IF you get your asking price. Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BrettM
Good luck on the sale Nate. If I get a empty truck heading back to Performance in the near future I will let you know. Our trucks are in and out of Florida on a regular basis.

Please do Brett. love you guys up there. Top notch for sure.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78
I have a hard time justifying the 10% broker fee personally. You can advertise all the same places they do. The have the advantage of possible financing options. Why not just lower the price a little..? Say if you somehow get your asking price @ 89k - his fee 80k. That's IF you get your asking price. Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong.

Big brokers get people that call them too and have a watch list too for clients who just don't want to look them self. I get I can put it at most all the same sites but then I have to keep up the ads, their cost, take time out for the tire kickers to show up and not buy, and etc.

My thought was were he placed my price. He gets his fee and it still meets my # I want to take home. If that is the case then it works for me giving him his 10% for his time and efforts.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
A lot of sellers don't want the hassle of dealing with the sale. A lot of buyers will only buy from a dealer.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
A lot of sellers don't want the hassle of dealing with the sale. A lot of buyers will only buy from a dealer.

Yup.

Especially for me the selling part. With work and home life showing it is a chore in it self. Add in how many people just want to look and nothing more and it really is just time lost for nothing.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let your insurance guy/gal know the situation. Or at least know the coverage if something were to happen that triggers a claim. juz sayin'.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know, I have mixed emotions on a broker. I had my boat listed for 3 months. I got some calls but it didn't sell. I took to a large broker that is respected. Nothing was in writing between the broker and myself. After a couple months of me contacting them to see how things were going I recieved a call from one of the guys I spoke to prior to taking to the broker. He wanted the boat, sold his other boat and wanted to pay cash and pick up. I called the broker and explained the situation and said that I didn't just want to come get the boat as I thought they deserved some money for the advertising and simply said hey if you do it fairly I'll give the name of the buyer. He assured me that he would and in the end, 9.1%. Upon receiving the note to sign I called and said hey I can see 5-6 but not 9.1%. His reply was that was the best he could do.

So now I am gun shy of brokers but learned a lot from the process and if there is a next time I will have it all in writing. I sleep well for calling them and being honest even though it ended up costing me money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.