Notices

Why so few young people?

Old 12-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
I wonder how many could take apart there whole boat , drop it in a couple 5 gallon buckets and know where all the bolts go? Its a lost art of mechanical curiousity And pride of building something or taking care of it. It could be a house or car too.

I could with a car but in known for a fact I could not with my boat
Old 12-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one who grew up in the 90's??? Who didnt watch this and dream of on day owning a crime fighting powerboat
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did grow up watching that show. I wanted a go fast ever since. Bought my Checkmate when I was 28 years old. Love the sounds of the big block. I've towed my boat places for different adventures. From Lake MI. Too PIB, And lake of the Ozarks. (Shoot out week for the last 5 years in a row)

Last edited by Jeremy B.; 12-05-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered

The last Kid (teenage daughter) in our house we have playing board games, card games (not electronic) and 1000 pieces puzzles over winter. Hopefully theirs hope for the future. Her friends are usually wowed by these. "These are on your phone too" one said.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
I wonder how many could take apart there whole boat , drop it in a couple 5 gallon buckets and know where all the bolts go? Its a lost art of mechanical curiosity And pride of building something or taking care of it. It could be a house or car too.
I'm your Huckleberry. There's a handful of guys on here who have gutted, rigged, gutted re rigged, chopped up and re rigged again the same hull. Its a psychological disorder.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Ronnie, quit *****ing about winter. Buy a cheap sled and head north on the weekends, or take your boat and go south. Either one will make winter an Ohio fly by at an unimaginable rate. Our seasonal industry will make for some long drunk painful winters if you don't get off your ass and do something fun to maintain your sanity.

Midwest winters are not that bad, gives me time to fix all the broken $hit , catch up on some rest and refill bank account for next summer.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Ronnie, quit *****ing about winter. Buy a cheap sled and head north on the weekends, or take your boat and go south. Either one will make winter an Ohio fly by at an unimaginable rate. Our seasonal industry will make for some long drunk painful winters if you don't get off your ass and do something fun to maintain your sanity.
Blowing **** up helps too, you spend time making money to fix them....haha
Old 12-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
I wonder how many could take apart there whole boat , drop it in a couple 5 gallon buckets and know where all the bolts go? Its a lost art of mechanical curiousity And pride of building something or taking care of it. It could be a house or car too.
I can, comes apart WAAAAAY to much!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

you should say that I just traded the sled for a dinghy for the wife. and now she says that's too hard for her to control the outboard and wants either a jet boat sweet 16 or classic 22. So I am looking for a 22 to pic up lol
Old 12-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm your Huckleberry. There's a handful of guys on here who have gutted, rigged, gutted re rigged, chopped up and re rigged again the same hull. Its a psychological disorder.
good you and Tim can come over in the springtime and help me figure out why this stupid alarm will not stop going off lol I just unplugged it hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.