Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes? >

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?

Notices

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?

Old 12-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by dockrocker
IMHO, nothing beats a solid hull and a white deck.

Yep. Solid hull, white deck. The yellow stays as cool as the white.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534193[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534194[/ATTACH]

Here's my old Cafe after I did solid black on the hullsides, painted myself and my previous Fountain, gotta like red for that one but I always liked the simple striping on that boat.
Attached Thumbnails What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-dsc_0897.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-image.jpeg  
Old 12-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I am a fan of less is more. You see it more often now on new Cigs and other brands. I think a boat with great lines deserves to painted one or two colors to show off the hull.

Think of those beautiful big custom built sportfishers, great lines, solid colored hulls, clean and sleek. I was also always a fan of a wolf in sheeps clothing, like an all white muscle car with 700hp. It really draws the proper attention in my opnion, it's more about the car(or boat) and mechanicals, than the paint.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Mitcher T Paint. Is this Less, or More, or more or less, too much
Attached Thumbnails What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-zrc-fountain-factory-096.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-zrc-fountain-factory-039.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-zrc-fountain-factory-095.jpg  

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-zrc-fountain-factory-035.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-zrc-fountain-factory-026.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-picture-2876.jpg  

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-zrc-fountain-factory-043.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-zrc-001-mitch-paint-75.jpg  
Old 12-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
It's a ZRC with surface drives so you get a pass!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534236[/ATTACH]

I am a big fan of the clean solids. This is my boat and I love the graphics however. I think the Art of Design(TAOD) hands down was the master of color blending and matching graphics to boat lines. I worked near Lake Cumberland Marine in their hay days and got to see most all the Outerlimits and Fountains that were painted by Dean and crew. All of them were true works of art that in spite of all the wild things going on, will be timeless in their appeal. I think unless you have the cash to do something elite like TAOD or few others can do stick with the solids.

Ill see if I can fix the pic. DCB's look better upside down
Attached Thumbnails What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-photo-24-.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-photo-23-.jpg  

Last edited by SkiDoc; 12-13-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534236[/ATTACH]

I am a big fan of the clean solids. This is my boat and I love the graphics however. I think the Art of Design(TAOD) hands down was the master of color blending and matching graphics to boat lines. I worked near Lake Cumberland Marine in their hay days and got to see most all the Outerlimits and Fountains that were painted by Dean and crew. All of them were true works of art that in spite of all the wild things going on, will be timeless in their appeal. I think unless you have the cash to do something elite like TAOD or few others can do stick with the solids.

Ill see if I can fix the pic. DCB's look better upside down
Was making my neck sore. Keep her right side up! Very sweet boat so don't feel insulted but flames are dated. . . . . .

Old 12-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

I like color contrast. The 42 fountain covered with ice crean stuff was too much for me! But i still like boats like the skater i think in the classified "color me bad" attracts my eyes! But i also like the newer themes with grey and black with some colors outline

Honestly tough to choose from! Many nice paints out there!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I'd say it was a LOT ... "more or less" ;-)
Old 12-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

I prefer simple :

but I also love this one.. just flows right with the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.