Notices

36' Venom

Old 12-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motormanmatt
So I joined this forum to see if anyone has any info on these boats. Its 36' apparently the guy that ownes them has the only 3 ever made. 1 race boat with single screw, 1 pleasure with twin 496's (pictured). And one uncompleted deck and hull. He told me his partner who died designed the boat and raced the one. He diddnt know much about them, guess he was the one with the funds. There forsale near me in Hudson valley Ny. They were only built in 2007. Been sitting a while but one pictured has only 87 hrs and I can get for 18,000$ that was the last price we talked. Needs some interior (mouldy).
So wondering if 18,000 is a steal and who has ever heard of these boats. VENOM
I raced the single screw race boat in 2005-6 pictures at tntoffshore.com in the gallery during those years , It was debuted in Key West 2004. I also had the boat pictured in my possession in 2006 for some time. The gentleman that designed them is alive and well. It is a model 32 while it is very similar to the 344 Hustler Cheetah. They are not model years 2007. If you have any questions feel free to message me and I will tell you everything I know. Funny thing about the boat pictured, Jim Darr had it and tried screwing the owner out of possession of it...
Old 12-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok GREAT thanks for the info!! Im sure ill be in touch with you. The guy that has the 3 is in N.Y. his name is butch he claimed he and the other guy owned them, so im guessing he wasn't telling me something.... he said his partner that died wife had the papers. .?

Wow I just checked out some pics of the race boat. Makes me want them even more. What engine is in the race boat and what did it top out at?
Would they be worth buying?

Last edited by Motormanmatt; 12-10-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There was no one named "Butch" involved with Venom Powerboats, he might own them now, but not back when they were built and raced.... 496ho was in the race boat topped out at approx 80, the boat you posted the pic of ran low to mid 70's... with the misinformation your getting so far, there are obvious red flags....
Old 12-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
I raced the single screw race boat in 2005-6 pictures at tntoffshore.com in the gallery during those years , It was debuted in Key West 2004. I also had the boat pictured in my possession in 2006 for some time. The gentleman that designed them is alive and well. It is a model 32 while it is very similar to the 344 Hustler Cheetah. They are not model years 2007. If you have any questions feel free to message me and I will tell you everything I know. Funny thing about the boat pictured, Jim Darr had it and tried screwing the owner out of possession of it...
Sorry ment to reply with quote on last post to you.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered
Gold Member

There was no one named "Butch" involved with Venom Powerboats, he might own them now, but not back when they were built and raced.... 496ho was in the race boat topped out at approx 80, the boat you posted the pic of ran low to mid 70's... with the misinformation your getting so far, there are obvious red flags....
Yes thanks something sounds fishy here. He did have all 3. So who designed and built them? What happed to production of them. They seem like too nice of a boat to go to waste... you've spiked my interest now
Old 12-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Motorman, do you know how much he is asking for the raceboat or the hull/deck?
Thanks,
Bob
Old 12-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Motorman, do you know how much he is asking for the raceboat or the hull/deck?
Thanks,
Bob
Not sure sorry. I threw some numbers out but who knows. Im hoping to get atlest one if not all of them. Keep an eye on this post for further info
Old 12-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Hey F1-00 Racing I tried to message you for more information you have on and about there boats. Said your inbox is full so I couldn't send it. Just trying to get more history of everything
Old 12-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

ive heard of them as a 32 never a 34 ...kinda looks like a hustler 38 slingshot from the side
Old 01-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Anymore info would be great....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.