Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Confused or just Plain Dumb >

Confused or just Plain Dumb

Notices

Confused or just Plain Dumb

Old 12-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe some do it the old fashioned way. They work their asses off for it!
Old 12-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by extras
Maybe some do it the old fashioned way. They work their asses off for it!
My wife and I both work our azzes off for what we have and I do all my own work on boat to save money. Plus the pride of being able to fix my boat myself when it needs help. Our boat is nothing special but we still run into boat envy and questions about what I do for a living.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by C1000
Quick2500 gets what I was trying to put into words. "possible Criminal types" It does not consume me either but I'm aware of my surroundings.

If their crooks then their crooks, what does it matter? In the end they will get theirs and what comes to them.

I just don't get at all why people worry about how others have something. Guess we all are a bit different.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
As much as a nicer boat or truck may be to have, I am happy with what I have.... I live in a nice remodeled home, all my vehicles and toys are paid for.... I have a wife and kids that are amazing...there is one thing I think when I start to get a little jealous of the guy with a 46 Cig or whatever and that is "my old Mistress gets me to the same place and puts a smile on my face doing it!"
I use my old sled every single weekend, lots of guys with way bigger and better toys let them sit.... it cracks me up us "broke" guys run them so much more...and mommy and daddy didn't hand me anything ... I worked for it.
Don't make the assumption that just because a play toy is sitting unused every time that "you" see it, doesn't mean that its not being used or that its owner cant afford to run it. Not everybody has a Mon-Fri work schedule. A large percentage of the guys running these high end boats didn't get them by sitting on their ass or partying all weekend. Besides, you yourself got a taste of what its like to have to sit out a season after scattering a motor shortly after dumping all your money into a house....
Old 12-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
If their crooks then their crooks, what does it matter? In the end they will get theirs and what comes to them.

I just don't get at all why people worry about how others have something. Guess we all are a bit different.
What Matters is If you had a known thief living next to you would that be acceptable to you? if so there in lies the problem!, would you want to raft off with these types, and have your kids seeing them as role models? I for one don't! If you accept these types into your life so be it but I won't. It is just another sign of our decaying morals as a society, and a slap in the face of those of us who work hard for what we have. I will now step down off my soapbox.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:13 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Because you don't know where they get their money and they don't post it on the mailbox for you that makes them crooks that need your scrutiny? There are a lot of high dollar boats on this site, start demanding to know how these guys earn and start suggesting the're criminals and or living off your tax dollars and see how it goes. That soap box will get kicked out from under you pretty quick.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Wayyyy to many factors to answer that. Best I can say is don't worry what others have and enjoy what you do have.
There ya go...!!!
x2
Old 12-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered

Everyone does what they do and I don't judge. The upside to knowing so called "shady characters" is when it all goes south, you can buy their stuff cheap...
Old 12-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Don't make the assumption that just because a play toy is sitting unused every time that "you" see it, doesn't mean that its not being used or that its owner cant afford to run it. Not everybody has a Mon-Fri work schedule. A large percentage of the guys running these high end boats didn't get them by sitting on their ass or partying all weekend. Besides, you yourself got a taste of what its like to have to sit out a season after scattering a motor shortly after dumping all your money into a house....
I never said the cannot afford it.... but lots of boats sit a ton....