Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Forecast 2015: Peter Hledin—Douglas Marine/Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/321015-forecast-2015-peter-hledin%97douglas-marine-skater.html)

wrinkleface 12-11-2014 07:21 PM

Michigan Baby!!!!:flag:

Lake rat Skater 12-11-2014 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by flight club (Post 4233596)
np, wonder who has the first one in the mold? LOL

Is it getting 1350s? It will be interesting to see how you feel it compares to the 40 and 46 skater as well as big mystic.

flight club 12-11-2014 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lake rat Skater (Post 4233614)
Is it getting 1350s? It will be interesting to see how you feel it compares to the 40 and 46 skater as well as big mystic.

waiting for Bill to try out the Goodwin's

Fast Shafts 12-11-2014 09:24 PM

Matt,
I love reading your articles on Speed On the Water, but could you add some "meat"? Three paragraphs is hardly enough. Often, your article's title grab my attention, but then I'm disappointed how short they are. I like knowing the Who, What, When, Where, Why.... and then some. I'd love to know ALOT more about Skater, Peter, his son, new designs, new materials layups, history, etc...
Thanks,
Bob

speicher lane 12-12-2014 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by flight club (Post 4233596)
np, wonder who has the first one in the mold? LOL

Has Peter finally put you on Payroll for your R&D/marketing work that your do for Skater each year?

Matt Trulio 12-12-2014 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts (Post 4233664)
Matt,
I love reading your articles on Speed On the Water, but could you add some "meat"? Three paragraphs is hardly enough. Often, your article's title grab my attention, but then I'm disappointed how short they are. I like knowing the Who, What, When, Where, Why.... and then some. I'd love to know ALOT more about Skater, Peter, his son, new designs, new materials layups, history, etc...
Thanks,
Bob

I appreciate the input.

The articles on speedonthewater.com are short by design. Most take 90 seconds to read. Good or bad—and I have no opinion—people don't read online the way read print. I was lucky enough to help start boats.com in 2000 and I still write for them, so I've been able to learn a lot about reader preferences online. Feature-length stories simply don't get read.

Longer features come out in our D-pub, which will be released next week. Some of those, too, won't get read all the way through as well (oddly enough people are still adjusting to reading anything "long" on on line, but in that way we separate our editorial products (daily site, weekly newsletter, bi-monthly newsletter and ... something new next year.)

While I understand your interest in Peter Hledin and his family, this story is part of a series called Forecast 2015. The length depends on how the person interviewed answers the question. Peter was brief but very, very Peter. It was not, however, in any way intended to be a bio of Peter Hledin. (I have written at least one of those.)

That you love reading them (thank you!) means you actually read them. For most people (you are an exception) length plays a role in that.

By all means, keep the suggestions coming and keep reading. We appreciate you.

Fast Shafts 12-12-2014 07:24 AM

Thanks Matt. I generally enjoy your articles, but unlike most, I like "full features". All is good, and look forward to reading all of your writings.