Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Testing the waters... Boat Storage... >

Testing the waters... Boat Storage...

Notices

Testing the waters... Boat Storage...

Old 12-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Testing the waters... Boat Storage...

I know the power of all the OSO members, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I am looking to purchase a 30,000SF to 50,000SF warehouse in Palm Beach County and offer monthly & annual storage to the boating community; especially to all the high performance boaters out there. Basically to protect your investment from the salt air and that damaging Florida sun. Off course, I would have some fork lifts on the property to move boats around, and offer in and out service within an hours notice for all customers. I would also have a couple dually's on the premises if anyone wants their boat delivered to a ramp or marina. We would also offer additional services like detailing, etc. Storage fees would be around $15.00 a linear foot with an annual contract.

I just do not see anything like this in Palm Beach County - only marinas... and most off them cannot handle 38+ foot boats on indoor rack storage or anything over an 8.5' beam.

What do you members think about the idea? Would this type of service be beneficial to you?
Old 12-13-2014, 03:04 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe Lagerhead Marina in Lantana would be considered competition.
And you are talking about $15/ft per month?

http://www.loggerheadlantana.com
Old 12-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

$15 per foot is steep.

I essentially keep my boat in exactly what you are wanting to do here in Tampa as well as some other OSO brothers and we are $300 a month just to give you an idea.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

When I put my Formula in a hi-rise over here in the Cape it's $12/ft.

But that's all the free in and outs I want.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey

Ya, marker 1 over here is a nice high and dry storage place with top notch staff. I think indoor storage at that marina is $15 a foot.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

I would contact the former owners of Blue Octane out of Broward county and see why their version of this concept failed.
Also consider, there aren't many performance boaters left in the area!

$15 a ft with an annual contract is no deal, that is waterfront rates and way less hassle for the owner. I also think you will get killed due to the efficiency of rack storage vs. storing a boat on a trailer (concerning how many boats you can rack store in 30,000 sq ft)
Old 12-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey

East coast is 15-18 ft plus tax per month.....
Old 12-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yea, the point is I think we all would store our boats in hi-rise for $12-15/ft than leaving it on a trailer and splash it every time we had to use it, that's a pain.

For a few bucks the guy here will wash it down and even put the cockpit or full cover on for you, that's a deal.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Registered

Appreciate the input so far. Loggerhead Marina can only dry store boats up to 34 feet. Same with most marinas in Palm Beach. That's the issue in Palm Beach if you have anything over 34 feet, there really is not anyplace that I know of that you can dry store a boat inside, on the water and get in and out service. I used to live in Cape Coral, and there is a vast difference in pricing from the west coast to the east coast. I have checked pricing all over this area and $15.00 per linear foot is very reasonable in Palm Beach County where I live. But that is why I am checking with everyone on here and getting a feel for the market. Thanks everyone!!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Registered

Jupiter Sunsation

Thanks for your input. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew the difference of pricing on this coast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.