Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
*** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale*** >

*** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***

Notices

*** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***

Old 12-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot which bashing thread comes next cig vs fountain part 37 or Apache vs the world for the 19th time there all bada$$ in there own ways in personally would love to be on the search for a glad have fun fellas IT'S WINTER in OSO LAND
Old 12-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gladiator

I don't have any real interest in this thread but just wanted to add that the "Wanted" Gladiator rolled over near the shoreline in St Clair in the 2000's while testing on Saturday. The owner said the boat rolled at about 42 mph. Crew and others worked most of the night and had the boat running for the race on Sunday and won.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by raynman
I don't have any real interest in this thread but just wanted to add that the "Wanted" Gladiator rolled over near the shoreline in St Clair in the 2000's while testing on Saturday. The owner said the boat rolled at about 42 mph. Crew and others worked most of the night and had the boat running for the race on Sunday and won.
I've had several conversations with the owner of the "WANTED" Gladiator. First off that boat is a RACE BOAT running HARD. The owner LOVED that boat and ENJOYED running her for 10 YEARS. He had NOTHING bad to say and ENCOURAGED Me to buy "Unleashed" when I asked advice.

The first day out in Unleashed Kristy was at the helm and turned her as tight as she wanted with no problems. I was pinned in my seat to the side and the boat was ON RAILS! Gladiators handle absolutely AMAZING! The only boat I have ridden in that turned tighter was LOW ALTITUDE at 140mph......what a ride!

Funny how EVERY OWNER or PASSENGER of Gladiators have been RAVING about them, but a few haters who only WISH they had such a BADAZZ boat, have no experience in boats of this caliber, are starting drama for no reason!

DID the OP ask for anyone's opinion? So if you don't have a link to a boat for sale then stop hiding behind your keyboard
Old 12-16-2014, 09:40 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally , I love the 36. I looked at and went for a ride in a couple of them when I was in the market. But, imo, Cig stopped their RnD on them when Fountain kept going. I never had the opportunity to yank either one into a 95mph turn but judging from the success off the canopied 35 and 38 Fountains........ well enough said. Its a really nice pleasure boat with attitude . That's what my insurance guy drives.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Actually, there was a hull change I believe in late 02. Dh's boat was the OLD design which had steps identical to the Top Gun. Cigarette moved the steps on later models.. Because of the price point, a lot of amateur boaters purchased the Gladiator because they liked the "Hot Rod" look. Unfortunately, they had no twin step experience and that is why they ran into trouble..
Great post Paul, I didn't know about the two different bottoms.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
a few haters who only WISH they had such a BADAZZ boat, have no experience in boats of this caliber, are starting drama for no reason!

...So if you don't have a link to a boat for sale then stop hiding behind your keyboard
Old 12-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

I am a fan of the Unleashed Gladiator, The new make over looks awsume. I actually bought the super cat engines out of it when Ray stopped racing the boat and Installing them in my 35" OE cat with some mods and 3.3 whipple chargers. When she came up for sale I wanted it, could tasted it, smell it... but just could not swing it at the time while building the Cat and .................. If I owned it I would have put a Sunsation sticker on the side of it instead of UNLEASHED just to make it a safer boat.
Attached Thumbnails *** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***-supercat.jpg   *** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***-875x400_fit_unleashed_cig2.jpg   *** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***-875x400_fit_unleashed_cig5.jpg  

*** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***-unleashed_cig_lead.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 12-17-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

...So if you don't have a link to a boat for sale then stop hiding behind your keyboard

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/cigarette/gladiator/
Old 12-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzMAwVRSWUo

Can't believe she didn't flip over when the motor blew up. "giggle"
The look on Kristy's face was priceless when she looks over at you when you throttled back....It was a WTF moment for sure.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 12-17-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OSO has been great on my search for the right Gladiator. Big thanks for all the "good" info on this model and the boats out there.

Curious of first hand knowledge of handling of the staggered compared to side by side. I have had conversations that the staggered chine walk more than the side by side above 90MPH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.