Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
41 Apache. Running hard in the big stuff, now this is catching air. >

41 Apache. Running hard in the big stuff, now this is catching air.

Notices

41 Apache. Running hard in the big stuff, now this is catching air.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

real offshore airtime!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by captain caveman

If I remember correctly, the Grand Haven race was black flagged for 8-10ft waves in 1990. Too rough for the 47 apaches.
Heheh. I heard it was too rough for everybody else but the Apaches thought the water was a little slick. Something about running better with some chop or something.

Last edited by Movie muscle; 12-16-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Lol....the next suggested video is my buddies 41 running here in our local backyard.

Looked like a fun ride.

41 apache rough water 2: http://youtu.be/cCw_SHSwCC4
Its pretty much the same as the first video, I can't really tell the difference. Both videos pretty much look like 2-3s on Lake erie

Also, I didn't watch the cuts in the first video that carefully, but at the beginning it looks like two people, and then it seems like later there are 3 guys with helmets on. Is it spliced from two different days? The later half of the video it seems much more steady than the huge random waves at off angles.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by captain caveman

If I remember correctly, the Grand Haven race was black flagged for 8-10ft waves in 1990. Too rough for the 47 apaches.
Actually, flagged because all of the rescue boats and helos were occupied, so there was no one to help the next boat that got into trouble. It was rough, though.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Registered

What would you guys call those conditions?
Me I'd say big ground swells 5-6 ' with intermittent 8&9,10'ers.

Aka oso 25'ers. .....

Next time you drive down the highway look at a bridge clearance height indicator. A normal overpass is usually 15 or so feet. Now picture that as a big blue wall of water

The lowest power line on a pole is typically 13'6" or so ..... same thing. Stand under it and picture it as a big wall of water.

Last edited by scarab63; 12-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

The video was shot off of South Beach, Miami Beach. People think Miami does not get waves. They are wrong. In fact, some of the best waves in the state of Florida are at South Beach during a strong cold front or tropical storm. It doesn't happen often but when it does South Beach sees some great surfing. Miami Beach is closest to the Gulf Stream and when a strong low moves off the coast of the Carolinas it sends a North Swell that squeezes between the Bahamas and Florida and zeros in at South Beach. You can see Razz running north with South Beach in the background. He's heading into a big northwest groundswell that's peaking up on the outside sandbars and reefs!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by auto_werks 3.6
Its pretty much the same as the first video, I can't really tell the difference. Both videos pretty much look like 2-3s on Lake erie

Well I didn't rave about the wave size in my buddies video, just that it was funny that it was the next suggested and it had never seen it.

You can keep your super cool really rough stuff you seem to brag about. I will enjoy these small guys that cause no harm down here, just like I will be doing this weekend and New Years since I am still boating this time of year.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

That is my favorite video. Just wish it was higher quality.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:25 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Just watch some of the old APBA races in Grand Haven. Any old racer will tell you it was their roughest race every yr
Old 12-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
What would you guys call those conditions?
Me I'd say big ground swells 5-6 ' with intermittent 8&9,10'ers.

Aka oso 25'ers. .....

Next time you drive down the highway look at a bridge clearance height indicator. A normal overpass is usually 15 or so feet. Now picture that as a big blue wall of water

The lowest power line on a pole is typically 13'6" or so ..... same thing. Stand under it and picture it as a big wall of water.
stop using examples,,thats not allowed.those waves were 10 footers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.