Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 02-09-2015, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

FD- well that was a very fair assessment. As I mentioned I'm making it a best of both worlds trip this weekend w/ a stop at Nor-Tech & then boat show. I'll actually be back in FL the following Sunday, fly in & out for the Daytona 500. Mark & John of SportBoats are supposed to join me.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Registered

Painted & headed to rigging!
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-painted.jpg  
Old 02-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Painted & headed to rigging!

Looks really good, bet your getting excited.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Registered

I appreciate all the positive comments.

Extremely pleased to date!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Having read through the thread I felt obligated to post. Made the Skater to CC move nines years ago, went to a Baja 34CC from a 24 Skater. Used the Baja more in the first two years than I used the Skater in the 10 years I owned it......It's like you said, creature comforts are awesome. Ours has a small cabin up front, we have done a couple overnights in it but its more for the kids to get out of the sun or take a nap. Have 250 xs's on it and it runs 64, still miss those 100 mph blasts on the right water. I do think at some point I will be back into another Skater though. Bow thrusters are for sissys! Either you can dock a boat or you can't!! Love the thread and pictures!

Good Luck with the build Dd
Old 02-11-2015, 06:01 AM
Registered

DDS- thanks for sharing, I'm certainly not down on Cats or GoFast boats in general, if I had the means to I'd own a Cat, Performance Vee, CC & Cruiser but that is not the case as of 2-11-15 at 7:01am, BUT I encourage you to check back w/ me tomorrow after I look at my Powerball #'s. There's nothing wrong with any of the styles of boats I mentioned, their intended uses, pros & cons, this is all about ME & how my boating needs & intended use has evolved & changed over the years. I too may use my CC numerous more hrs/ yr than I did my Cat BUT you'll NEVER hear me say I REGRET purchasing the cat, just that I enjoyed it while I owned it and have simply turned the page. Now I plan to write a new chapter.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Love the colors on the boat. They work great with the lines of it too. Very very cool and turning into a personal fav if mine.

Thanks for all the updates
Old 02-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a '13 21 foot with 150 yamaha dual console bowrider for fishing and "company" use, my daughters (who don't live in the state), are the only ones that really like to drive/ride in the go fast, so I was able (after a very long number of months) able to persuade the boss to let me keep it, when we bought the new dual console. 90% Dual console use, but VERY happy 10% use of the go fast. Both on lifts behind the house. It is nice to be able to go out, even when I am doing some maintenance on the Fountain.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Love the colors on the boat. They work great with the lines of it too. Very very cool and turning into a personal fav if mine.

Thanks for all the updates
Nate- The 3rd grader pencil sketch by ME was the concept I was after. What went on behind the scenes & what it took to get the finished product was so much more. Keep in mind I'm insisting on a scheme I presented to Nor-tech in a 1 dimensional drawing that isn't to scale, nor takes hull flare or character lines into consideration. I'm sharing this b/c you have no idea how close I was to pulling the plug & going solid black based on the attached photos. It wasn't easy envisioning what everyone is seeing today based on yellow masking tape on a Chocolate colored hull. SportBoats & Nor-Tech were very fearful that this would not turn out the way I'd hoped & that would result in a do over. By the same token they wanted to provide me w/ the boat & look I wanted. Potentially a Catch 22! At the end of the day as I've stated numerous times I am very thankful for those that have been involved w/ the build to date, their expertise, professionalism & vision. All of them have been & continue to work very hard for me the customer.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-pencil-sketch.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-img_0793.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-img_0794.jpg  

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-img_0804.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-img_0805.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-painted.jpg  

Old 02-16-2015, 10:21 PM
Registered

The trip to Nor-Tech w/ a side order of Miami Boat Show proved to be worthwhile on all fronts. I didn't get many pics (not much different to see, several guys rigging + where the boat was positioned no real way to get any decent shots). The only difference from the previous pics was the addition of the rub rail and some clear over the paint but in the 2hrs I spent there cleats were being installed, helm cut out for screens, transducer installed etc. I didn't want to impede or interfere w/ their work but much to my surprise they welcomed my presence b/c it allowed them to ask specific questions & get clarification of some of my more particular requests. It's been my experience that most builders don't want the buyer seeing their boat being cut up & worked on bc it's not pretty & they see scratches or blems that they worry won't be repaired etc. Me on the other hand I know no matter what blems I may see now will be addressed before I come to sea trial the boat. The riggers specifically said that they prefer an owner that takes an interest in their build as well as invests the time to visit & help them meet the owners expectations. Each boat has a plastic cabinet assigned to it that's stocked with all the rigging hardware items specific to that boat. Looked a little messy to me but the riggers seemed to know right where everything they needed was. Certainly better than no system at all.
At the show I was able to get several questions answered by the folks at Garmin about their new 7612's which are just starting to be released now. I also got a chance to put a face w/ a name & that was meeting Alex from Callaway Customs. Alex will be scanning, creating & installing my custom SeaDek flooring. This was a huge help since it opened my eyes to several more options I wasn't aware of. I spent some time w/ the folks at Mercury trying to determine whether it was worth it to consider triple 350's over my 300's but in the end I decided against it, it doesn't make sense financially on the front or back side , they won't even be released until late March (which is when my boat might actually be complete) & I just don't see myself flying a CC at 80mph all that often. Last but not least hanging around the Nor-Tech display allowed me to spend some more time w/ Terry to recap some of my other selections as well as capture a few ideas from Alden who builds the fish boats.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-image.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-image.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-image.jpg  

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-image.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 02-16-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.