From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Very clean!!

I agree, although I will be doing more fishing and sandbar getting in/out of the water, the club sport cushions can still pop off and be used as a flat landing point. I too would enjoy the added comfort with additional seating and aesthetic component of it. I am not going with the second row seating so, I chose the club sport to maximize my aft seating as much as possible. That middle drop is available on the 450, but they would likely have to cut the mold to do that on the 340/390, and Nor-tech is not very willing to cut the their mold. I wanted a recessed bow table, and after countless conversations with Trond...it's not going to happen.

Price range on the Broward compared to EVO/Myco??
Old 04-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMD
Very clean!!

Price range on the Broward compared to EVO/Myco??
When I think of custom welded aluminum boat trailers I think of them as all being built w/ the same components (Aluminum C-Channel, Dexter Axles, Brakes, Wood Bunks etc). Based on this I think it then comes down to how each manufacturer assembles them, the fit & finish and or any proprietary features a particular trailer builder may include.

IMO you should be able to buy a trailer for your boat from any of the 3 you mentioned for within $1000-$1500 of each other BUT that doesn't mean you will receive the same trailer, the same axle capacity, or the same fit and finish.
Make sure you provide the specs when shopping a trailer as well as make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

One has to be careful not to just shop price when it comes to entrusting in a trailer for their boat.
My boat cost nearly 25x what my trailer does so I don't want to cheap out on the piece my boat rests on and or travels on 365 days/yr other than when it's in the water.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Boating (and trailering) season is just about here in New England.
I have one of their drop hitches and think they are great products.
Curious what the verdict was on this.

Originally Posted by NASCAT
The 700+ mile tow home will tell me whether or not this was a good investment or not. Based on what I’ve been told by others there should be a noticeable improvement in ride quality.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Registered

DamDonzi- I would recommend the GenY Torsion Hitch to anyone that asked me about it and was interested.
One must keep their individual application in mind but I enjoyed a much improved 800+ mile tow w/ my 16,000lb boat / trailer combo.

I bought mine from Fred Keuber out of SC, only one I know that discounts them.
864-650-8929
Old 04-22-2019, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you and great to hear.
Congratulations on another fantastic build and hope you enjoy the hell out of it!
Old 04-23-2019, 03:05 PM
Registered

Boat & trailer officially completed last week. Took advantage of the long weekend to fetch them.

The completion of this build has been a long time coming nearly 2x the time its taken to build the 34's.
With that said I can say w/ confidence it has been well worth the wait.
I'd been told how I'd really appreciate the ride quality of the 390 vs the 340. Having run the boat 3x on the Gulf Coast including 20mph winds this past weekend, I can attest to the fact that the extra 5ft of the 390 results in a noticeable ride improvement in all conditions.

The fit and finish on the boat and the trailer are nothing short of first class.

Having owned 5 different boat trailers over the years varying from bolt together to welded, steel & aluminum, bar none this Broward Trailer trumps them all including any friends trailers I may have towed.

Now that this build has concluded, I'd like to acknowledge & extend a special thank you to all those that contributed to what was once a dream because they absolutely helped make it into a reality. I'm extremely pleased w/ the finished product, the fit, finish and performance of both the boat and the trailer.

Sportboats Marine- John Kray

Nor-Tech Performance Boats- Geoff Tomlinson

Electronics Unlimited- Ron Muller

Broward Trailers- Jim Nall / Mark Bonafide

Over the years, many OSO members have made time for my many questions, please don't hesitate to post here or PM me if there's anything I can do for any of you as I'm a firm believer in Paying It Forward!

Old 04-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Great NasCat!

have you measured the clearance on the trailer? I measured your last 340 at John’s shop, was about 11’8”
Curious if there is a difference with the 390 and Broward combo.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaxBoiler
Looks Great NasCat!

have you measured the clearance on the trailer? I measured your last 340 at John’s shop, was about 11’8”
Curious if there is a difference with the 390 and Broward combo.
Thank you!

Yes I measured on the lot & measure right about 11' 8" but I round up to 12'.
We were measuring the front of the top where the spot light is but the antenna mounts are actually higher.
12' is a good #.
I know Mark @ Broward took everything into consideration as it relates to the bunk upright supports and the torsion axles in order to keep me at the same low center of gravity & overall height.

I forgot to get an in water measurement but my guess is it will be approx 9'.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the kind words buddy! Be in touch soon!
Having seen this boat in person it is really nice ride. As you all know Michael’s projects are nothing short of amazing!
Enjoy the boat my friend and hope to make up to NC later this summer
Old 04-24-2019, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.