Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future >

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 07-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

All around beautiful. You did a killer job on this one.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
+1. Rick needs that cover.
The local shop actually does NOT do any marine cover work but we spend quite a bit of $$$$ w/ them here at work so I asked if they'd build me a cover.
Turns out they employ a guy who use to make all the covers for a particular boat builder so he's been able to knock them out for me.
Same guy has made all 3 of mine and they've come out very nice.

He templated the cover so it could be reproduced but Ricks boat would need to be a late model 390 w/ the XLarge top, no rocket launchers, etc, etc.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great Michael,
Looking forward to trying out the sun shades in the coming weeks!
Old 07-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT

Posting a few pics of the latest additions to the Nor-Tech courtesy of my local canvas shop.
The SunShades required a bit of planning while the boat was being built in order to locate the combo cup/rod holders not to mention make sure they are oriented correctly.
The rest was pretty simple.
I chose to use Carbon Fiber tubing for the poles based on the "cool factor" but not necessary so the setup can be accomplished for less.
That cover turned out awesome, love it! Is it a towable cover? And did he install any directional vents to create a vacuum when towing?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-22-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Registered

Sydwayz- Negative it's not towable just a rain and dust cover when the occasion calls.
I should have mentioned that above.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks great!

Are there dual cover/travel covers out there?

I like the Haitian Bimini's too. Well done!! I too inquired about the carbon poles with the canvas option.
I was pretty close to having them custom made but, the outriggers I went with, GemLux, have an integrated shade system which I can use towards the bow or stern. If I decide on adding a second set, I will definitely hit you up for it.

Clean as usual NasCat! My boat gets sprayed in a couple weeks...finally. Ill have to post some progress pics once there is actual evidence of my build!!
Old 07-23-2019, 06:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GatorMD
Looks great!

Are there dual cover/travel covers out there?

I like the Haitian Bimini's too. Well done!! I too inquired about the carbon poles with the canvas option.
I was pretty close to having them custom made but, the outriggers I went with, GemLux, have an integrated shade system which I can use towards the bow or stern. If I decide on adding a second set, I will definitely hit you up for it.

Clean as usual NasCat! My boat gets sprayed in a couple weeks...finally. Ill have to post some progress pics once there is actual evidence of my build!!

Clean b/c I just washed it, prior to the pics LOL!
I use my cover to keep my boat clean. Might be after I tow to a final destination, get her in the water & all cleaned up for an event the next day. Other times it comes in handy when I'm keeping the boat it in the water day after day (like the Bahamas). Keeps the morning dew off, the gazzillion no seeums, that stick to the dew & or birds that decide my boat is a great canvas for them to paint w/ their crap.

The sunshade I created is not a Nor-Tech option, I sourced & fabricated it all myself w/ the exception of the fabric. I'm not saying Nor-Tech won't make you one but I've yet to see one. They do offer the power SureShade that extends rearward but the bow seating area of my boat is the social area in need of coverage.

Randy Kent from LOTO is a Nor-Tech dealer + owns a canvas company that offers a travel cover. It's a very nice piece, made of a stretchy spandex type material that hugs all the contours of your boat like a glove. Don't think it will work w/ outriggers either. Many performance cats & V-hulls opt for them to protect their paint jobs hauling down the road. As best I remember they cost $10k which is 4x what my cover costs.

Yes post some pics!
Old 07-23-2019, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my travel cover modified to look like yours with the sides extended to the chines. Had it done in Sunbrella for $700 a few years ago! Have a full cover over the T-top for storage. It is too awkward to take on and off often and my hull is only 28'. Yours is great.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ren3
I had my travel cover modified to look like yours with the sides extended to the chines. Had it done in Sunbrella for $700 a few years ago! Have a full cover over the T-top for storage. It is too awkward to take on and off often and my hull is only 28'. Yours is great.

do you have outriggers/radar/rocket launchers on your top?
Old 07-24-2019, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Clean b/c I just washed it, prior to the pics LOL!
I use my cover to keep my boat clean. Might be after I tow to a final destination, get her in the water & all cleaned up for an event the next day. Other times it comes in handy when I'm keeping the boat it in the water day after day (like the Bahamas). Keeps the morning dew off, the gazzillion no seeums, that stick to the dew & or birds that decide my boat is a great canvas for them to paint w/ their crap.

The sunshade I created is not a Nor-Tech option, I sourced & fabricated it all myself w/ the exception of the fabric. I'm not saying Nor-Tech won't make you one but I've yet to see one. They do offer the power SureShade that extends rearward but the bow seating area of my boat is the social area in need of coverage.

Randy Kent from LOTO is a Nor-Tech dealer + owns a canvas company that offers a travel cover. It's a very nice piece, made of a stretchy spandex type material that hugs all the contours of your boat like a glove. Don't think it will work w/ outriggers either. Many performance cats & V-hulls opt for them to protect their paint jobs hauling down the road. As best I remember they cost $10k which is 4x what my cover costs.

Yes post some pics!

10K for a cover is steep, The option was on my build sheet, i'm pretty sure it was from Kent. I just can't wrap my head around spending 15K for a storage cover + travel cover...I will keep my boat on a lift and eventually on a lift under a boat house so that will help tremendously. But, meanwhile while on the lift exposed to the Florida sun I need something thats going to protect it all so my seats don't turn pink and my interior stays relatively clean. My dealer strongly steered me away from painting my whole hardtop blue, as he said nearly every boat he's had with the hardtop painted ultimately bubbles from being exposed to the Florida sun. You're fortunate to store it inside. I will likely find a local shop to custom make me my travel/storage top which I'm hoping can be the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.