Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Travel Restrictions To Cuba Being Eased! >

Travel Restrictions To Cuba Being Eased!

Notices

Travel Restrictions To Cuba Being Eased!

Old 12-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Some will remember this thread when I took Team PREDATOR to Havana in 2009. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...vana-cuba.html It was an incredible experience that I won't soon forget. Like a step back in time. We we were fortunate to be able to do it.

My very last words in post # 174 of that KW - Havana thread " I won't be back tho till it opens up …. and it will."

Bob
That thread is what made up my mind that I would see it someday! Thanks Bob!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
FYI, most if not all replacement parts for "American Cars" are made outside the US, typically China, Mexico etc...none of which have a trade embargo against Cuba. The US embargo as far as replacement auto parts just meant they could buy them cheaper elsewhere directly vs buying through the US (if there was no embargo).

Even if they weren't made in other countries they could still easily buy through other countries (American Vehicles are sold and supported worldwide) so the embargo is/was unless in this regard.

Cheers,

Dave
um have you been to CUBA?

The import tax there is almost 100 percent of the declared value. A typical Cuban makes 20 dollars US a week but it is all in Cuban Peso.s.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 4,325 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
um have you been to CUBA?

The import tax there is almost 100 percent of the declared value. A typical Cuban makes 20 dollars US a week but it is all in Cuban Peso.s.
See so it`s true, for $20 you get a hooker for a week!

Old 12-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Registered

There is no humanitarian problems over in Cuba that is mostly Horse Chit. Most of the Cubans don.t want to leave Cuba. It is their land and they want to remain there.

it is not some Gestapo Country I Never ever had 1 problem there.

If the U.S lifted the embargo and granted free trade again the Cane fields and tourism would put Cuba into the 21st century in 2 years.

Sure Castros brothers remaining regime would benefit from the earnings but is it any more than what our absolutely wasteful crooked government does with our money?

The Cuban people are very resourceful and hardworking. If we could lift this trade ban that would give thee largest humanitarian aid to the Cuban population any one could give.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
See so it`s true, for $20 you get a hooker for a week!

Their 40 a night and young beautiful and nice But you have to pay for a Casa particular also.60 if you want her all night.

Ah missing Cuba already
Old 12-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Just how in the phuck does negotiating and reestablishing relations with a country on the terrorist list that we purposefully ended relationships and embargoed, working on it for over a year WITHOUT consulting congress much less the american people, be construed as doing ANYTHING right??? I suppose his next maneuver will be naming Dennis Rodman the US ambassador to Cuba... After all, look how well he has done improving relations with North Korea....
I like you Phragle

But go over there for a couple weeks and interact, and than come back and tell us what you think.

All you believe is all you have heard.

Who the phuch are the Cubans interacting with?

It aint the Russians . The Cubans all hate the phukin Ruskies and got so screwed over by them when Russia went broke and high tailed out of town leaving them with no Fuel or grains and cash.

We need to jump in there now and mend this not just as a humanitarian effort towards the Cuban people which is the most important issue .

But also preventing a country like China backing them and putting them on the map while we are left holding are shriveled balls in our tighty whities.

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-19-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:56 PM
Registered

And once again the reason we don't have free trade with Cuba the last 20 years has absolutely nothing to do with humanitarian rights in Cuba .

It is SUGAR in Florida. Google it .Than look what the sugar lobbyist are directly and indirectly contributing to their agenda. Than lets look at what the federal government subsidizes to Sugar in Florida.

Biggest Phukin scam out there and we are all paying for it while a whole country of beautiful people are being held as economic hostages by our own country.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Registered

Our friend over there whome we have spent many a good time with was in the Cuban Airforce back in the day.

That is a good job over there. Well back in the 80 when the Russians were supporting them and calling the shots this little problem called Angola reared its head.

Our friend decided that bombing innocent people in a country 5000 miles away ordered by a country that was controlling his homeland was not on his agenda.

Off to prison he went and after a few years was released stripped of all his credentials and future employment.. Living poor but proud and honest he has carried on.Currently he is in the process of mating 2 old Fiats together to make 1 good one while hustling to survive for himself and his wife and elder family and kids.This is a man of 50 I have dined in his home My exs parents master bathroom was bigger than it and cost 40 times as much.

My dad turned 85 yesterday. Has a Cuban friend that befriended him at his in and out marina about 10 years ago who is about my age of 50.Great guy goes out fishing with my dad anytime he wants to go.

I thoroughly enjoy his company when i can get out with the 2 of them.

So him and his brother decided to leave Cuba about 30 years ago.Got on some inner tubes and started paddling . Well fortunately they got picked up by the US Coast Guard right before a front blew through.

Ended up in Guantanamo.

He told his brother pick up a broom ,mop do whatever he could to show the Americans there he was different.

2 years later he happened to fall into a US bound plane that was heading out of there.

A year ago the in-out marina he worked at where my dad kept his boat fired him because he was working doing tree trimming on the property and helping with repairs on some of the customers boats.

he was bored there is 3 guys on duty with their fingers in their azz putting 7 boats a day in the water.

My dad was very concerned about his well being and offered to help him out.He had a another paying job driving a truck the next day and never asked for a dime from my dad he still goes out fishing with him anytime he asks.

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-19-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Hey Tommy.....

Any chance you can get me a bottle of Havana Club Anejo 7 Anos???
Old 12-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Registered

Funny story about Havana Club.

We are in line in Mexico getting our tickets to go you know that place where we are not supposed to go. So we are in line and when we get up to the only counter that flys stupid people like us to that place they are sold out.

Now we have done this before and it is usually 300 each way for coach.Ticket person says coach is all sold out have to wait for another plane the next day.

We are like really there is no other seats ?

Well he says there is only 1st class available and they are very expensive..

So we all pool together and think about the layover and taxi back and forth in Mexico and decide because of our deadline to do the 1st class without asking the price.

The guy told us previously it is much more expensive. Having flown 1st class to Europe I am thinking thousands.

He goes it is 345 a person . So we laugh our azzes off on the way to this old 1970s Russian jetliner boarding via a ladder on a 1967 Ford pickup.

Get on the liner and it is pristine but done all with a rattle can the seats and armrests are all freshly painted and still stiking of fumes.

So we are all Pimping in 1st class looking at all the other scumbags 2 feet behind us in coach.Than they bring us this tiny little cup with ice and than walk down our isle with a bottle of Havana Club.

Being the raging Alcoholics we all are and had not had a drink since we had left the building 9 minutes previously we were like all right we can drink are way to a good deal in this 1st class.

Well she gave us a little splash over are rocks and we drank it like we had been lost in the desert with Moses for 40 years and shook are cup for a refill..

UM no Senor no refill.

We will pay

Sorry Senor no refill

No really we will pay a lot.

Sorry Senor it could be my job .

You never seen 4 grown men go from being so happy to so sad.

It was a long long long 40 minute flight my friend

My Cuban mementos that I didn't smoke

Got these in the Morro Castle in Havana

The Fort is unreal and cleaner than anything i have ever sen anywhere for being 100s of years old.Not to mention we had the best Pizza for like 9 bucks and 1.50 Becks inside of a Cuban national park.

We had gone through there earlier and the cultural survivors were just setting up their wares when we walked out .

There were not 20 people there to begin with.

So i see these cars and the guy wants wants 20 US in Pesos . well i only had 30 in pesos on me and we were heading into town for drinks and dinner later so i didnt want to exchange..

I told the guy 1 car for 5 US was all i could afford without having to exchange money he says 2 cars for 15 i say no i like them but no money.

Next thing i have 2 cars and 3 Havana Club signs for 11.

2 days later a little problem develops.

I was down there to move a large sailboat and while we were there 2 fronts whipped through there back to back and ate into the owners and my deadline so i had to fly out of there rather than take a boat back

Problem is i have this little problem that when ever I leave this great country of ours and try to come back in they take me into a a special room and throw my passport into a great big pile of other passports that are not the same color as mine.

So there is no bringing back my coolazz little Cuban cars and signs on my body.

So they arrived about 2 years later. Amazing how the Florida Straits can work with you.

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-19-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.