Is anybody storing gas, witih gas prices so low now >

Is anybody storing gas, witih gas prices so low now

Notices

Is anybody storing gas, witih gas prices so low now

Old 12-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
In my area premium is 2.32 a gallon. I have entertained the thought of getting one of those 275 gallon totes in a steel cahe and filling that with gas to use in the boat next summer. The totes cost about $75. Ive thought about this before and did the math. 291 gallons at 2.32 = $675 versus last time I filled my boat up it cost $1200. I have a gantry hoist to get the tank out of the back of my truck and would just store in outside covered up. Has anybody thought of doing this? or something similar? My neighbor is cool and wouldn't care what I'm doing. I"m thinking that I would have to paint this thing red too just to pacify the idiots at the gas station.

Ok blast away.
That crane breaks and you spill 300 gallons of gas which cost you 100k to clean up and your insurance company will tell you to PHUK off
Old 12-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
That crane breaks and you spill 300 gallons of gas which cost you 100k to clean up and your insurance company will tell you to PHUK off
Who's gonna tell them ? I remember a childhood friend's dad had an elevated steel tank of maybe 500 gallon capacity. He would get the gas delivered and gravity would fill his trucks and equipment. Now days I'm sure they wouldn't deliver gas to a residential area but if I could get a set-up like that I'd fill it a little at a time. It would give me some exercise over the winter and 500 gallons would go a long way in my boat with a 50 gallon tank.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

God I hope the hoist wouldn't break 250 gallons is only 2000 lbs and I use the hoist to pull the motors out of my boats, and my iron headed 454 with iron log manifolds with the velvet drive hanging off the back is pretty dam heavy.