King of Offshore Documentary to Air Tuesday on NBC Sports

Notices

King of Offshore Documentary to Air Tuesday on NBC Sports

Old 12-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
With all the hoopla about the cat killer and that it was killed by the Cat killer killer, surprised that they didn't reference Fountan's dab at the cat hulls. They built a few, I remember a red one at one of the boat shows. Didn't look all that appealing, but of course I'm a "V" guy.
All the Fountain cats were built by Skater.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by ApachePete
All the Fountain cats were built by Skater.
If I'm not mistaken, Fountain built at least one catamaran for MTI.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bcfountain
haters gonna hate,,,,winners going to win.
Why is anyone who doesn't drink the Cool Aid and offers another point of view called a "hater?" Seems to me that term is usually used by people who can't support their view with facts. When you haven't got anything else, be a name-caller.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

NEWSFLASH:

It was a show about Reggie and his boats. If the show was about Bush, would you expect extensive coverage of Ronald Reagan? If it was about Chevrolet, would you expect extensive coverage of Dodge? If you watched an hour long Documentary about big bird wouldnt it seem like a commercial for sesame street??
Old 12-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched it last night, and I was very disappointed to see no mention of the Kilo Run pictured below, in the "Pimp of the Nation" boat.................

But in all seriousness, I am not a Fountain fan (just don't care for the styling, although there are a few Fountains out there I do like), there is no denying his impact on the sport and I truly enjoyed the show.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally bummed I missed it.......dang it anyone e no if it is goin to be aired again?
Old 12-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by LFDE18
Totally bummed I missed it.......dang it anyone e no if it is goin to be aired again?
You can watch it right now here: http://americanperformancemedia.com/...ent/KoO-1.html
Old 12-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
"Not built on drug money" ...but built on investors who lost millions. The Fountain stock was last on the Pink Sheets at .04 cents per share.
Exactly right. Reggie himself admitted in a video that he wasted over $ 150 MILLION dollars and wished he'd listened to the advise his parents gave him years ago to, in his words, "put some away for a rainy day."

His company was publically traded and in the end he screwed the investors and pissed away all the public money they entrusted to him, defaulted on bank loans, didn't pay all his vendors, screwed his dealers and customers out of legitimate warranty claims, and put alot of hard working employees out of a job - he hurt alot of people. The only people more guilty than him are the Board of Directors of his former company. If they'd of done their job by representing and protecting the investors like it was their fiduciary responsibility to, they should of fired him years ago. But nobody could ever say no to him and they let him do anything he wanted and literally drove the company right into bankrupcy.

The company was just as much about his self-aggrandizement as it was building boats. Pity all the innocent people I mentioned, the only thing they did wrong was believe in him.

As for Reggie he made his own bed - let him lay in it.

Last edited by FloridaDan; 12-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

my guess is mr fountain did hide some money for a rainy day.i will also say that his company was one of thousands that were hit with the failing economy.i a pretty sure he is eating pretty regurally.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ApachePete
Why is anyone who doesn't drink the Cool Aid and offers another point of view called a "hater?" Seems to me that term is usually used by people who can't support their view with facts. When you haven't got anything else, be a name-caller.
I think most are just dumbfounded that some choose to just be p!ssed that it wasn't about someone/something else and didn't run via their desired narrative. Unless the show is making negative generalizations and demeaning the sport, I'm all for it. Unless there was misinformation directed at you personally, what do you have to be upset about?

Haters are just narcissistic a-holes that cannot appreciate anything outside of their personal views and decide to take a big steaming crap on everyone that doesn't share those views. Even if you hate the man and everything he did, the effects of the disruption in the market he caused are most certainly still felt today and impacted every performance builder and Mercury to make a better product. You can't really argue with that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.