Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
King of Offshore Documentary to Air Tuesday on NBC Sports >

King of Offshore Documentary to Air Tuesday on NBC Sports

Notices

King of Offshore Documentary to Air Tuesday on NBC Sports

Old 12-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So... you guys really want to compare Reggie to Don Aronow.

ALL of Aronow's companies have been bankrupt - at least once. Cigarette, like a dozen times.

Fountain, over it's span with Reggie at the helm, conducted over a BILLION dollars worth of business. No other offshore boat builder can say that. To do this in such a BRUTAL business is an incredible achievement.

Aronow was a fiscal bully. If Don Aronow was in a deal with ANYONE, it was clear who was going to come out ahead. Every deal except for one - Ben Kramer - and even that was a bit of a tie. Two lives lost.

Reggie's been a fair and balanced member of this industry for a long time. If he said it you could take his words to the bank.

If Don Aronow were alive and in business today, the circus clowns on this site would bash him into the next century. Aronow would have NEVER survived the internet age.

The internet didn't kill Fountain Powerboats, a crappy economy did. Reggie Fountain has lived up to every expectation this industry has set - and then some. Most of those who are critical of Fountain and his principles have never owned one of his boats, done business with the man, talked on the phone or even been in the same room with him.(gee - sounds familiar) Real men don't hide behind keyboards.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean

The internet didn't kill Fountain Powerboats, a crappy economy did. Reggie Fountain has lived up to every expectation this industry has set - and then some. Most of those who are critical of Fountain and his principles have never owned one of his boats, done business with the man, talked on the phone or even been in the same room with him.(gee - sounds familiar) Real men don't hide behind keyboards.
So unless you have a Fountain you have a chitty boat.....and you are a keyboard cowboy.... lol thats funny....

I have met him and talked to him, so I can have opinion? all the boat builders had and have different goals.... all of them....

Last edited by Full Force; 12-24-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Yeah, that's why I said "official" purpose! It added styling too. The notch also reduced running surface but it seems to have worked. I thought it was a good show. Will that disclaimer at the end kill what's left of Fountain Powerboats? I remember the original Executioner well. A neighbor had one in his driveway and my boss had one. He took us out one time on the Detroit River and ran it up to 70 mph. That was pretty fast at the time with a pair of 454s and, I think, a flat bottom.
Please don't say flat bottom on a Offshore boat. Strait bottom. Please. A flat bottom would be a drag racing boat. Sorry but flat bottoms so wrong. Sorry just saying. Artie
Old 12-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'll be the first to say that his strategy worked , I remember drooling over the boats in his ads but they were either too big and or far from my price range .when I read about the 24 it seemed perfect for the small water I live and boat on .only problem it was a nonseller for an offshore company and was discontinued. Patience finally paid off and I became a very happy fountain owner.the fact that he stirred up the passion kept me looking untill I found the one for me.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Mr. Fountain,

If you happen to be following this post please know that anybody that didn't appreciate the tribute to you has no clue how hard you worked to build your company. To take risks and innovate when everyone else said it can't be done.

You set the mark for all boat builders to chase and to envy. Myself included.

The economy got us all. I have watched these videos several times and never knew you came from the trenches until now. My utmost admiration for what you have done for high performance boating and the marine industry,

Without you the bar would have never been raised.

Respectfully,

Pat

Patrick Haughey
Active Thunder Boats
Classy post!
Old 12-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Registered

I agree with above. Very classy indeed.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Amazing...kiekhaefers name wasn't mentioned one time..
Old 12-25-2014, 06:04 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Carl was a King ! and NO EGO either !
Old 12-25-2014, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
So... you guys really want to compare Reggie to Don Aronow.

ALL of Aronow's companies have been bankrupt - at least once. Cigarette, like a dozen times.

Fountain, over it's span with Reggie at the helm, conducted over a BILLION dollars worth of business. No other offshore boat builder can say that. To do this in such a BRUTAL business is an incredible achievement.

Aronow was a fiscal bully. If Don Aronow was in a deal with ANYONE, it was clear who was going to come out ahead. Every deal except for one - Ben Kramer - and even that was a bit of a tie. Two lives lost.

Reggie's been a fair and balanced member of this industry for a long time. If he said it you could take his words to the bank.

If Don Aronow were alive and in business today, the circus clowns on this site would bash him into the next century. Aronow would have NEVER survived the internet age.

I never knew Formula was ever bankrupt. Must have been before the Porter family owned it.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:18 AM
Registered

The Magnums have a beak.

Hello you there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.