Thats IT I am ALLLLLLL DONE!!!!

Notices

Thats IT I am ALLLLLLL DONE!!!!

Old 09-02-2002, 03:10 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thats IT I am ALLLLLLL DONE!!!!

With being a memeber of the OSO Trailer Queen Club!!!!

I with a lot of help from MFB357 and Biggus over the last few days got the bird back in the water. I took her up to Maine on Friday afternoon and worked on it Sat. while my girlfriend slept and did what I had to to make the old girl run. Once in the water there were a few things that I missed like the hose to the bottom of the manifold and the power steering fluid but nothing huge. I then headed for the lake while Biggus and my girlfriend took the trucks around to his house. Well when I hit the end of the river I just sat there, wanting to hit it but maybe I should just be content with a slow put put across the lake. One last check in the bilge to find out why my trim on the starbord side is not working....(knocked the plug loose while tightening the manifold) and make sure that there are no more leaks and I aim her for the other end of the lake and take her up on plane!!!!! I made it to the other end of the lake and still had good oil preasure!!!! That I have not been able to do in two years!!! Must have been something to do with the closed cooling because that is all that I removed on that motor. The engine that I got from Tank on the board runs 100% and I want to say thanks to you Tank for the great motor!!!! All in all over the weekend I burned up about 1/2 tank of fuel (maybe 75 gallons) and ran it all the way from idle up to 4300rpm's. The longest run was with Zoom3 and Ken240 for probably 10-14miles at 3k to 3500rpm's and the oil preasure heald at 40 pounds on the questionable motor.

Man it feels good to get this monkey off my back

Jon
Old 09-02-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Feels REAL GOOD doesn't it.
Congrats
Old 09-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Jon,

That's GREAT to hear! I've been following the progression of your project for quite some time and my hats off to you. It's great when you can finally see the fruits of your labor...quite a satisfying feeling!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Of course you realize your not quite done......still pics to be posted bro..
Old 09-02-2002, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Jon
Congratulations Buddy ! Glad you got it back on the water.
Safe Boating
Old 09-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Thanks guys. I will have pictues to come soon. Ken240 took some of me in the water for evidence I hope he can get them up for me but he is going to be in Maine tell Wed I think it was. So we will all have to waite tell then. I do have some update pictures for the painting project that should be up tomarrow.

Jon
Old 09-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Jon! You didn't happen to see Too Old in your wake did you? That Trailer Queen club is getting a little more exclusive now!

How much time do you have left for boating this year? I only have four more months here.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:06 PM
Registered

Once again Jon, You deserve to have fun and enjoy your boat. I for one can attest, as I'm sure many other people from this board can, that you have put our boats ahead of your own!! Looking forward to having you down here next weekend. talk to you later. Mark
Old 09-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Hey MFB I got a new life jacket today so that when I am running on my own I will be safe and I have the kill switched to hook up, but lets pray for a killer weekend and we can raise some hell and have a blast at the POTC mooring and maybe head into Boston to do some "site seeing" Easy Marry just because Mark and I are on diets does not mean we can not read the menues

I am dead

Jon
Old 09-02-2002, 04:35 PM
Registered

Glad to see your luck change for the better! enjoy the boat, the season will be winding down before long
Old 09-02-2002, 04:36 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Audio..Congrats

Enjoy and may the fixes be long term....

Take care

marc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.