Baby boomers retirees living the life

Notices

Baby boomers retirees living the life

Old 01-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
Warm wishes from Cincinnati....some of us still have to work. We do have a room for when we come visit, right??

Your Sunsation buddies!!
I told you to let me know when you wanted to come down.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh how we have tried. Every chance we got, work got in the way. Been crazy busy, cant catch a break...but I guess that's what I have to do for now to get to the retirement spot with you all. Someday, we will get down there.

P.S. Heard Reef is under new ownership...and should be open.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
Oh how we have tried. Every chance we got, work got in the way. Been crazy busy, cant catch a break...but I guess that's what I have to do for now to get to the retirement spot with you all. Someday, we will get down there.

P.S. Heard Reef is under new ownership...and should be open.
Heard the same thing when I was down in KW. Let's hope they keep the mud hole clean out. Don't want to have to wait until August to launch.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Debating how to spend my RMD.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Retire LOL...that dream is gone for many now.
I am one of them. At one time I was looking forward to a comfortable retirement. Now maybe not so much! I am a 44 year old Union Carpenter.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a retired fireman but have a hard time saying or feeling retired in my early 50s. Went out w/only 25yrs which is our minimum.
I work every day but it's usually on what I want, when I want. I have a small shop in my back yard working on motorcycles and ATVs. 3 week backlog all summer. I also build and sell a small boat product I designed for myself several years ago and have been selling them for years as another little sideline.
I have to be busy. Can't sit on the couch except for tonight watching my Buckeyes win the Championship!
Go Bucks!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
Waiting for it to snow again so I can plow the driveway and give me something to do for 20 minutes. Cabin fever is a PAIN IN THE A**
Drive 3 hours north shovel mine for an hour then drive home. 5 days a week likely
Old 01-13-2015, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Here I am retire from the dairy business sitting here in Florida watching Miami Vice reruns on TV. What are the rest of you guys doing during retirement? Got to much togetherness with the wife of 44 yrs so I am needed of getting out of the house.
I would hangout with BobtheBuilder.......he has a good handle on retirement hobbies!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I have a tale of two retirements.......both relatives of mine.

One guy retired as the CEO of the largest construction company in America.....he was there 41 years. Built a ridiculous home in Ft Lauderdale and built a new 75 ft motoryacht and spent a solid 3 summers on the boat in the Bahamas, even did the Great Loop once. Realized the boat/house were killing him financially and didn't need either anymore and subsequently sold both. Rented a condo until he can figure out what to do next (age early 70's today).

The other guy made 100mm in cell phones. Retired early 40's, currently early 60's. Had a big house up north (14K sq ft, recently sold) and has lived on the ocean in Florida since 1996. Never owned a boat but grew up around them/ can handle one, never more than one fancy car (S Class MB). Plays golf and did a good amount of traveling worldwide (golf related in some cases). He plays golf at a top 100 club in the US, lots of Forbes type members.

Both guys retired to Florida, one went fast and furious and subsequently burnt out and the other is of the slower approach but still has the resources to do anything he wants. This can be the typical retirement problem......do everything on the bucket list, do a little or do nothing......of course resources can determine what you can or cannot do!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 4,303 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Not that I`ll ever be able to retire but I see 1000`s of customers every year and the story I get is shortly after the husband retired he passed away.
. I think the mind and body needs to keep busy and have a purpose? You work all your life then a year later after retirement you bite it? That don`t seem fair.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 01-13-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.