Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anything Plans For Remembering Carey Downes? >

Anything Plans For Remembering Carey Downes?

Notices

Anything Plans For Remembering Carey Downes?

Old 01-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything Plans For Remembering Carey Downes?

I have been thinking about talking to David and Marsha about some sort of event or get together to remember Carey. I knew Carey for only a short time and he really stood out as a nice guy, he even located and helped me buy my 405. He was always there whenever I had questions (and there where a lot) and never asked for anything in return. I am sorry I didn't know Jeremie Floyd but I would think including his memory would be appropriate. Please keep me in the loop if there is anything being mentioned and I would also offer any my time or services to make this happen. Again I would not do anything without talking to Marsha or David, but I wanted to let some time go by and healing begin before I did.

Last edited by Mseuro; 01-17-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carey was a friend of mine and miss him dearly. Not many like him around and that's a fact. Always with a smile and making everyone around laugh. Didn't really know Jeremie, but I'm sure he was great too as him and John were Cary's best friends. Count me in as well. Race in peace my brotha.

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 01-19-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I can assure you that he will be thought of, remembered, and toasted at the PBN Party next month in Miami.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I can assure you that he will be thought of, remembered, and toasted at the PBN Party next month in Miami.
That's great. I was hoping to have something done in his hometown area of Pickwick Lake. I know that a lot of people throughout the community and around the country will toss one back for him.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
Carey was a friend of mine and miss him dearly. Not many like him around and that's a fact. Always with a smile and making everyone around laugh. Didn't really know Jeremie, but I'm sure he was great too as him and Jason were Cary's best friends. Count me in as well. Race in peace my brotha.
Thanks I will keep a list of names of people that want to help and keep you informed if anything happens.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I would definitely be in and would put the TN Powerboat Club behind it! I would offer the TPC non profit umbrella if anyone would be Interested in putting together some kind of benefit.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Registered

Thanks a ton. I will be calling Marsha and David this week, I will keep you updated
Old 01-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Registered

Please help keep this thread on page one by posting so others can see it.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Registered

Just talked to Marsha and she said is all in favor of it. She a bunch of people have asked if there was wanting to do a run in memory of Carey and Jeremie. She is going to talk to David but she sees no reason not to start planning something. Anybody that lives at Pickwick let me know if you are able to help (need some volunteers) because I live 4 hours away and will not be going up there till middle of next month. LETS MAKE IT A BLOWOUT!!!!!