Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st? >

Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st?

Notices

Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st?

Old 09-05-2002, 02:08 PM
283CHECK

Nancy- you and Mac both have our info for our boat.

Mac has it under Chris O'Brien 28' checkmate, I belive you have our info from carrie sixk. on the same. Just want to make sure we don't double up on you all and someone not get a spot. But we would like a slip/non electric for friday and sat. covered if possible but if not it won't be the end of the world!

I have been doin some looking and from what I have seen looks like nice facilities and I am really looking forward to the weekend..

Chris

Old 09-05-2002, 02:17 PM
rneurohr

Chris

No problem. I didn't know you had already talked to Mac but I'll have my own list going just to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. She's an older woman & has alot on her plate right now so I'm trying to help her out as much as possible. There aren't any covered slips at Cottonwood but the facilities are very nice. We keep our Carver there & I'm sure everyone will be able to find where that party will be. Just look for the Nauti Nan-Sea.

Old 09-05-2002, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 questions .. where are the campgrounds in relation to the Cottonwood?
And are there showers at the marina?
Old 09-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The camp ground is right next to Cottonwood,within a 1/4 -1/2 mile, you can stumple to the camper.

Nancy and Regis, Nancy's husband, are top notch people and boaters to the core, they make several LOTO trips every year and will make everyone feel at home. Both of them will work there asses off to make this a kick ass time for everyone, but will still take time to talk to all. They do not drive a go fast boat and don't care who will be top gun, no home cook'n this time Gordo.

If you have not been on the muddy MO around Blair I would encourage you to arrive mid to late afternoon Friday to get some practice. The current will run 5-8 MPH with a lot of small whirlpools, which can make your boat feel unstable when it is aired-out, it is not a big deal, but if you have not experienced it before it can surprise you. I will be at Cottonwood around 1:30 on Friday and will be happy to show people around.

I hope a bunch of you can make it. The Cottonwood shootout was always a lot a fun, hopefully we can get a great big turn out and keep the shootout going.

mike
Old 09-05-2002, 07:22 PM
Registered

Well if I get my drives back in time I will be there.
I broke one on friday at LOTO before the shootout.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Blown 1100,

That would be AWSOME.

Nancy, we need to get some kind of farthest traveled award.

Blown 1100, are you anywhere near Houston? If so get on Deuclaws, he needs to get up here. He is running beautiful 85 Chris Cat that just happens to run 120+.

This is shaping up to be one hellava time.

mike
Old 09-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

I hope you all notice I now have my official log-in figured out. Anyway, per Mike's suggestion, there will be a trophy going out to the person who travels the farthest to get to the shoot-out so take that as a challenge. I also have a little more information on accomodations. Mac said she has a couple rooms she can let you stay in at a farm house she owns just down the road from the marina. There is also one trailor available to stay in at the marina. If anyone is interested, please call her directly at 402-426-2440. Also, the Super 8 in Blair has agreed to give some sort of discount to anyone who calls & asks for the manager, then tell her you are a participant in the shootout. I'm not sure on the rate so you'll have to call & find out. There'll be a welcome party on friday night at the marina with live music. Hope everyone that is planning on coming can get there early on friday so we can get acquainted.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:19 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone have rom for a rider??
I lost my tranny this week and do not have the $$ to get it done for a few weeks
I would love ot watch this, but will not have a boat there
Or can you see the show from the shore??
Would be more then happy to help in gas $$
Old 09-06-2002, 08:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

When you call to reserve your dock for the shootout, tell them you are with OffshoreOnly. We will try to get all the OSO members together. Also we hope to get an OSO banner made up.

mike
Old 09-06-2002, 09:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Cottonwood does not have showers, but the camp ground does have showers that will available.

Transportaion will be available.

Cottonwood will be serving food, and has a full bar.

What flavor fuel does everyone run? Are there any special fuel needs?

mike

Quick Reply: Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.