Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st? >

Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st?

Notices

Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st?

Old 09-06-2002, 03:50 PM
Mrs 283Check

Originally posted by 283CHECK
Gordo pipe in here!!

From what I saw at the loto shootout they ran in order of arrival to the start boat. Execpt for the display boats(miss bud and the such). So you just number the boat and when they run they run and keep track that way.

Just my $0.02
That way those of us that enjoy our adult beverages can run early and then start drinking again.

Old 09-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

283Check,

I think they Powder Puffs need to run by themselves....not with the guys.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Registered

I think the Powder Puff class should run last and by themselves. I know the guys are way more serious about this Shootout and they will all want to run first. Gordo's boat steers like a race boat...not the typical everyday boat and...well I rather not be in the middle of all the guys waiting my turn. I'd rather hang out towards the end (after Gordo is done with his run or runs) and then run his boat.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I remember correctly, they ran the Cottonwood Top Gun Shootout according to classes, meaning they would send a class up river all together, then let them make their run one at a time. When the class had all ran, then the next class would go up as a group.
I believe they did run the powderpuff class early due to some of the men didn't want to put up a number, then be upstaged by their wife/SO who may run a faster speed afterwards. I believe the ladies ran together as their own class.
Mike may remember the running order better than I. That was a few years, (& brain cells) ago.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Mrs 283Check

So are you trying to tell me that if you're female you can only run in the powder puff class? I really hope that's not the case. Being female doesn't necessarily mean that you're not serious about having the fastest boat.

Old 09-06-2002, 04:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Mrs 283Check
So are you trying to tell me that if you're female you can only run in the powder puff class? I really hope that's not the case. Being female doesn't necessarily mean that you're not serious about having the fastest boat.
No way. You can run in what ever class your boat qualifies for.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:25 PM
283CHECK

ok, so katdrv(mike)take notes you'll need these for sundays meeting..

We enter our boat and pay for two passes can Cyndi make on pass and I make one pass? Or are you entering boat and driver?
If that is the case it will look weird when the same boat places in tow different spots with two different drivers

Old 09-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I think last time we did this, you paid for the driver. And we had a couple of instances were the wife or better half beat the guy. Boy did those guys take some **** for awhile.

mike
Old 09-06-2002, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris, it's kinda like the Mud Run I was in a couple of weeks ago. I entered my truck in the usual class then my sister entered it in the female only class (They could enter what ever kind of truck they wanted - so it was a couple of stock looking trucks against some real crazy mud trucks - not all that fair be real FUN to watch!!) Now if a girl had built her own truck or Crazy mud truck she could run in the regular class or in the Powderpuff class but not both.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Registered

I like powder puffs......

Quick Reply: Info on Nebraska Shoot-Out? Sept. 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.