Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   " Drunk Baja Owner" Lets Play "What Ifs!" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/322278-drunk-baja-owner-lets-play-what-ifs.html)

GETTINBYE 01-20-2015 07:37 PM

" Drunk Baja Owner" Lets Play "What Ifs!"

Would there be any change in attidudes if it read? In no particular order.

Drunk Fountain owner?

Drunk Cigarette owner?

Drunk MTI owner?

Drunk Skater owner?

Drunk Outerlimits owner?

Drunk owner of whatever-on and on?

Or to take it a step more! Owner of whatever? causes or is involved in the death of another under any questionable circumstance drunk-drinking or not?

Just sayin!

Hook'em 01-20-2015 08:05 PM

I hear ya. They don't report a drunken Chevy driver when you see a pickup wadded up on the highway. Nor do you ever hear of a drunken Bay Liner or Chaparral driver when there is no power boat involved. It's bias for sure, but all the more reason we chose to know the "rules of the road" and operate our vessels safely and responsibly.

Brandonb_05 01-20-2015 08:45 PM

It was with out a doubt a bad tragedy. But I'm not so sure it was that Baja in the picture that caused the crash. That boat still looks intact and seams to be floating fine. Just my observations. And the news article didn't say "Baja". I have seen a Baja before go to a bad boat crash and help out, I was there. This isn't to say that if it was that Baja he was in the right, he definitely was in the wrong. Just my observation.

dsparis 01-20-2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by GETTINBYE (Post 4253186)

Drunk Fountain owner?

Drunk Cigarette owner?

Drunk MTI owner?

Drunk Skater owner?

Drunk Outerlimits owner?

Or to take it a step more! Owner of whatever? causes or is involved in the death of another under any questionable circumstance drunk-drinking or not?

Just sayin!

You left out Bayliner

Comanche3Six 01-20-2015 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by GETTINBYE (Post 4253186)

Drunk Fountain owner?

Drunk Cigarette owner?

Drunk MTI owner?

Drunk Skater owner?

Drunk Outerlimits owner?

Just sayin!

The brand of powerboat is irrelevant.
Just answering.

Brandonb_05 01-20-2015 09:46 PM

True

Gary864 01-20-2015 10:14 PM

What if this guy wasn't showing off for his buddy

What if this guy wasn't driving his girlfriends boat

What if this guy got jail time on one of his 4 past drunk drivings

Sorry this guy should not have ever allowed to drive anything

phragle 01-21-2015 12:49 AM

Drunks should be in blowboats..hard to do any damage at 2 miles an hour......

altamate 01-21-2015 01:55 AM

phragle,
You just figured out the blow boater secret. They are all drunk but no one can tell, Their crooked/erratic driving is fully hidden as the tack back and forth at some ridiculously slow speed avoiding the attention of the authorities.

f_inscreenname 01-21-2015 12:39 PM

I'm sorry for not being up on this ....

I thought you could get a DUI even in a blow boat?