Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I don't know who's this is but it's bad azz... >

I don't know who's this is but it's bad azz...

Notices

I don't know who's this is but it's bad azz...

Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Its a cool boat. Big problem is the hassle of moving it to even California, its almost not doable. Good luck locally, but its not the typical style of most boaters here. Running it wouldn't be too bad though. Here in Van, a slip is $6K per year, land storage is usually free with a slip, outdoors though. I agree with the already posted costs, Id just knock off $10k winter storage bit.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by crazycanuck
Its a cool boat. Big problem is the hassle of moving it to even California, its almost not doable. Good luck locally, but its not the typical style of most boaters here. Running it wouldn't be too bad though. Here in Van, a slip is $6K per year, land storage is usually free with a slip, outdoors though. I agree with the already posted costs, Id just knock off $10k winter storage bit.
Wow, I am kind of surprised in Vancouver you get free winter storage. That is a good deal. I also forgot to add insurance, but I don't deal with that so I have no idea what he pays. If you want in Toronto you can pay 5k for outdoor storage, but then you have to pay almost 2k more to have it wrapped.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, that seems awfully cheap for moorage around here. It's almost 4k a year for my 25' boat at most marinas locally, and none of them would give you free storage on the hard. That's usually work yard space, and charged at a premium. An outdoor covered slip for a boat that size is around 20k a year at the nicer marinas.
That boat is pretty awesome though.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Registered

Marina's are a dime a dozen here, they also compete with neighboring Washington State, several big marina's there and only 30minutes (excluding crossing the border) from Vancouver. Oh and Richmond next door has a few. Several marina's on the Fraser River, as far up as Mission (40minutes from Vancouver). Almost forgot about Ladner, even more marina's. Huge competition. But I was informed the Vancouver marina's don't do the free with a slip storage. Further out they do, they have the yard space. Not many store on land, winter is reasonable. Only snowed once and its been 45° to 50° the last month temp wise. Id actually use during winter, rare sunny days, wouldn't be bad.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to get further off topic. . But, there is an extreme lack of moorage space here. (Vancouver). I don't know of a single marina locally that doesn't have at least a two year wait list for a boat that size. Certainly not what I would refer to as a dime a dozen. Just sayin.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Registered

Downtown Vancouver yes is pretty booked. But the surrounding area not so much. Richmond, Ladner, even New West to Langley. Also Blaine, Bellingham and Point Roberts. But they are a hassle with cruising permits and customs, etc.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That boat is kind of an in-between. You don't want to leave it in the water, but it's gonna need a hell of a hydrohoist. lol What would a similar modern boat model be?