Hering props for the new 42 Cigarette >

Hering props for the new 42 Cigarette

Notices

Hering props for the new 42 Cigarette

Old 09-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hering props for the new 42 Cigarette

Well we tried the new hering props on the 42 tiger this weekend. The boat got on plane much better but now we still have this Porpoiseing problem at mid to high speeds. Anyone have any ideas? Could the drives be to far apart?

Last edited by keyslife; 09-03-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant help you on the questions, but a friend of mine just bought a new 42 tiger also. He got it home friday I belive, and All I can say is wow! He's just getting his first seat time in it and taking it one step at a time. I dont know the prop he's running or anything, it has corba power, but I'm not sure what HP, it does have bravo's, but I dont know which one's or the props he has. Sorry for all the useless babble, but the boats too new and everyone was checking it out all weekend, so I didn't have a chance to get all the details from him cuz he was busy showing it to everyone. I was partying elsewhere, and did the quick tour and got back to the fun, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybee your tests will help him once he gets comfortable with the boat. I must say I think its one of the nicest boats I've ever seen.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Is this a stepped Tiger or not?? From what I've heard/seen (and I'm just like Troutly up there....Don't know shiot! ) The non-stepped Tigers do porpoise. My buddy just bought a non-stepped tiger with 900's and 6's. He had Craig Barrie with him (the ex-owner of Cigarette for like 20 years) who showed my friend how to run it "properly". From what I gathered upon riding in it, "properly" meant not being scared to run the SH!T out of the boat in some BIG water! He explained when it starts to hop a little you need to get into the sticks a little bit more to even it out....I did notice it was not porpoising as much (at all). If you would like the number to my friend I'll give it to you, I'm sure he'd love to pass along what Craig shared. This is of course assuming this is not a stepped boat. From what I understand (never been in a stepped Tiger) they are completely different boats and as Troutly said they do not like the 6's and huge power. As a matter of fact, Cig is rumorred to be redesigning the hull of the stepped Tiger to handle the 6's and big'ol power. Hope that helps a little. Email me if you want the number.

Tank