Qatar Cup 2015 - Epic American Offshore Racing Adventure >

Qatar Cup 2015 - Epic American Offshore Racing Adventure

Notices

Qatar Cup 2015 - Epic American Offshore Racing Adventure

Old 01-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,225 Posts

As an "embedded reporter" () flying out with this group on Sunday, I will be reporting the events of each day on speedonthewater.com. Our March-April digital magazine, which will go live Feb. 10 or 11, will have a comprehensive feature on the event. I'll also be working closely with Marc Granet and the media outfit handling things in Qatar on end-of-day video broadcasts throughout the event. First column going live on the homepage of OSO tomorrow. It's a fun one.

And Cash Bar ... that excuse isn't cutting it. I get back Sunday before the show and will be working on Miami show stuff—and staying in Miami—all week.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Have the boats arrived there yet?
Yes they have, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-for-qatar-cup.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
As an "embedded reporter" () flying out with this group on Sunday, I will be reporting the events of each day on speedonthewater.com. Our March-April digital magazine, which will go live Feb. 10 or 11, will have a comprehensive feature on the event. I'll also be working closely with Marc Granet and the media outfit handling things in Qatar on end-of-day video broadcasts throughout the event. First column going live on the homepage of OSO tomorrow. It's a fun one.

And Cash Bar ... that excuse isn't cutting it. I get back Sunday before the show and will be working on Miami show stuff—and staying in Miami—all week.
Getting back Sunday would have been okay. My flight would have gotten back Wednesday. And you travel WITH your work. My clients would all be in Miami tapping a foot waiting on me.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck guys be safe.Wish we where there.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

How is everyone getting there? we looked into going and everything i saw was thru Hethrow in london or germany. Is there a direct out of miami??
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
How is everyone getting there? we looked into going and everything i saw was thru Hethrow in london or germany. Is there a direct out of miami??
Qatar Airways has non stop flights from Miami, Philadelphia & Chicago. 14 hrs 15 minutes from Miami eastbound, longer on the return with headwinds. With my leaving from Toronto I have to go through London Heathrow.

Bob
Old 01-27-2015, 06:38 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

As Flounder said in Animal House, "This is going to be great." http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...up-for-the-cup
Old 01-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Matt, please get a shot of the American teams together. That will be a shot to be remembered as this org grows and them being there in 2015
Old 01-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope everyone has a safe trip and a great time. Wish I was going
Old 01-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Matt, please get a shot of the American teams together. That will be a shot to be remembered as this org grows and them being there in 2015
We have an ace in the hole—photographer Pete Boden—coming with us, so that will be no problem. Pete will be on the Miami flight this Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.