Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A great ride to end the season! Ill be off the board for awhile though... >

A great ride to end the season! Ill be off the board for awhile though...

Notices

A great ride to end the season! Ill be off the board for awhile though...

Old 09-02-2002, 12:47 AM
Intolerant1

Default A great ride to end the season! Ill be off the board for awhile though...

Talked the wife into making the trip by water from South Haven to Grand Haven. She agreed only if I let her drive the whole way. Water was perfect. I sat back and enjoyed some cool refreshing beverages. I can also say that my boat got alot more looks with sweety at the helm...who needs fancy paint? Enjoyed following Cat Can Do into the river.....but they outran me in even a no wake zone. Bumped into a few OSOers including Candyman, Midnight Rider (that was me trying to hand you a muffler) and the Dyno family. To top it off, on the way home as fuel got low, the boat ran two miles per hour faster than it ever has (GPS). It was the first time Ive really been able to run wide open since buying the Rev4 prop. Slip is down to 5% which I thought was only possible with cats. RPM at w/o was 600 less than with same pitch 3 blade.

Tuesday she gets winterized and Thursday I head to the hospital for the fusion surgery. Thanx to everyone for making this summer a memorable one. Ill have some time on my hands so maybe Ill plan the winter OSO party this year.

Take care, be safe and enjoy,

Old 09-02-2002, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,
Nice to see you guys out. I LMAO when you tried to give the Muffler to Midnight. You missed the longest no wake zone I have ever seen. 45 Minutes! Why can a 26' boat be on plane and larger boats can't? Midnight took us back to the infamies hanky-panky cove. Great place to hang out and relax. The houses on Spring Lake were incredible also. I'll send you the pictures I took. I think I'll add a beak to your boat when I'm playing with PhotoShop.

Good luck with the surgery. Hope to see you at the winter party.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails A great ride to end the season! Ill be off the board for awhile though...-intolerent1closeuposo.jpg  
Old 09-02-2002, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What an upbeat post!! There are many people living full lives following back surgery; I'm rooting for you to be one of them.

Good luck, and God's speed,
Michael
Old 09-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry I missed seeing you out there and good luck with the surgery.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:06 AM
MIdnightRider

It was a great weekend. It was nice to see everyone (I'll remember not to park my old fountain next to such a nice one nextime Candyman, nice boat, I saw its big brother at the Wharf 97 42-same colors and graphics). The races were cool and there were a ton of spectator boats. Midnight

Old 09-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Registered

Hey Midnight,
Was it Quick Deliveries? Triple 525's. That’s what my boat wants to be when it grows up.
Dan
Old 09-02-2002, 09:46 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I saw you several times Chris. Knew it was you by the awsome description you gave me a while back for trying to hook up in Traverse City. Nice looking boat buddy. And the driver wasn't bad either!! LOL!!!!

Hopefully you can get up here again next summer. And a winter party sounds great to me!!! Just don't schedule it the same weekend as Crazyhorse does. You should come to that one also, probably in February.

Mike
Old 09-02-2002, 02:00 PM
MIdnightRider

Dan- It was Quick D, he probably thought I was a bit of a nut at first. I walked down the dock calling your name out, asking where you were before I noticed it was a 42. It was identical to yours. The weekend was a blast, I'll start getting my pics on this week. I'll email you that nice ine when I get it. Midnight

Old 09-02-2002, 08:49 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Intolerant1, glad to see you had a good weekend. Sat and Sunday the weather was perfect.

Good luck with the surgery. A good friend had the same thing done 2 years ago and feels much better.
Sorry we missed you. We got our boat in the water just in time to see Candyman, 32Fever and Rocketman come in.

All we got to do was run across lake Macatowa, and put her in the slip on Sat.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if to say congrats on having a great last run of the year for you or to say SORRY that it has to be the last run
best wishes for your hospital stay

btw thanks for you and Tim on getting the anchor to me
Bought a new 150' rope for it and it seemed to lock on real easy
but it was only me holding it.

Quick Reply: A great ride to end the season! Ill be off the board for awhile though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.