35 Fountain single or twin step >

35 Fountain single or twin step

Notices

35 Fountain single or twin step

Old 09-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35 Fountain single or twin step

Which one has a better ride. I'm looking to upgrade from a single step 32 to a 35. Any input between the classic and newer TS would be great. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have rode in and driven two different 35 twin steps. They are really nice and very fast.

One of the guys use to own a single step before and he says there is no comparision, that the twim step is all around better.

This is his fifth Fountain, 27, 29, 32, 35 Single and 35 twim step.

If ride is a real issue, I would look at not stepped. He cannot believe how much better our 36 Outlaw rides compared to his 35 Fountain. I cannot believe that with the same power he is 15MPH faster. It is a trade off.

Hope this helps in some way.

Mark
Old 09-03-2002, 09:28 PM
Registered

Dock Holiday,
The reason the 35 is faster is it is a 32 foot boat. I own a 35 so I can say that. The 36 Outlaw is a true 36-foot boat. I'm sure it weighs considerably more also. I like the 36 Outlaw. Baja makes a nice boat.

SeaDated,
Why do you want to move from the 32 to the 35?

I would like to have a little of both. The twin step bottom and hidden boarding ladder with the classic's deck. Now that's a perfect boat.
Dan
Old 09-03-2002, 09:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by candyman35
Dock Holiday,
The reason the 35 is faster is it is a 32 foot boat. I own a 35 so I can say that. The 36 Outlaw is a true 36-foot boat. I'm sure it weighs considerably more also. I like the 36 Outlaw. Baja makes a nice boat.

SeaDated,
Why do you want to move from the 32 to the 35?

I would like to have a little of both. The twin step bottom and hidden boarding ladder with the classic's deck. Now that's a perfect boat.
Dan
National Marine has an 03 38 just like that! The new bottom and the classic deck with fairing. That's the hot ticket. I bet they'd make a 35 like that too. Uh oh........did I say too much?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:45 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seadated,

I almost forgot. One of our buddies is going to sell his 35 with 575's. The boat runs in the 90's, has less than 50 hours on it, has never been slept in, the head has never been used, it is 100%.

He keeps it on a covered lift during summer and in dry storage during winter. He just bought an airplane and wants to sell the boat.

I am not sure of the price, however he does not have a trailer.

E- mail me at [email protected] if interested and I can put you in touch with him.

Thanks Mark
Attached Thumbnails 35 Fountain single or twin step-myco-trailer.jpg  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:32 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info.

candyman35, Like you I perfer the look of the classic. I do like the glove box, swim latter, and easier access eng. compartment of the twin step. I hate the tall window. This year they came out with a shorter window and the thing looks great. That's why I'm now giving the twin step some consideration. I have been told that the twin step with 500EFI's will run an honest 86 to 88MPH.

Dock Holiday, That yellow Fountain is sweet. I'll email to get some info. The factory said the tall and short windows and interchangable so I could consider it. However, it's probably out of my price range. Never hirts to check. Thanks.

Here's a new 35 Twin step with low window.
Attached Thumbnails 35 Fountain single or twin step-35tschampian.jpg  
Old 09-04-2002, 06:37 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Someone at Fountain must be listening, that 35 looks so much better with the low profile windshield.

JAN
Old 09-04-2002, 07:28 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree the lower windshield is night and day difference. It's nice to see that some manufactures actually listen to the customer.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:44 AM
Registered

SeaDated,
I like the new windshield. I wonder if it blocks the wind as good as the deflectors on your windscreen. I like that 88 with stock power. The single will run between 82-83 with 500's. Good luck shopping.
Dan
Old 09-04-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

Candyman35
I have been told the lower window blocks the wind fully if you're sitting down. However, they said if you stand straight up you'll get some wind but if you place your feet on the slopped board and settle in, you're fine. A test drive will tell all. I hope to get there is weekend but it's not looking good. I'll let you know. Also, most dealers are saying 86-87 on the factory test sheets are morecommon than 88. Again...test drive required.

Quick Reply: 35 Fountain single or twin step

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.