Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What companies should be racing F2?...Owners please chine in. >

What companies should be racing F2?...Owners please chine in.

Notices

What companies should be racing F2?...Owners please chine in.

Old 09-04-2002, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What companies should be racing F2?...Owners please chine in.

The question is why race?....the + - story??? This should be form a manufacture's point of view.

Last edited by audacity; 09-04-2002 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:58 AM
Registered

no one would like to touch this one huh???
Old 09-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered

Why ask? I don't really see the need to discuss what manufacturers should be or not be racing. What do you see as the mitigating factors? Maybe you could explain a little more so we know what end you are trying to achieve. Possibly, you could elaborate as to your personal thoughts to begin....
Old 09-04-2002, 10:22 AM
Registered

Just a question i guess...hell people are asking questions here (OSO) that are in their owners manuals!...my intent was based primarily of curiosity. this is one question for sure that will need to be answered if proposing to a potential sponsor.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

ok, thanks
Old 09-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Racing can make or break a manufacturer. If the boat wins, then the public will look real hard at it. If it falls apart, people will look the other way.

The worst thing would be to a have a winning hull and a loosing team that won't run up front even though the boat is capable of being the front runner.

If boat manufacuters wanted to use racing as a sales vehical they would hire some top guns to drive and throttle. Like Benny Robertson and Steve David.

I think poker runs are getting more attention and support from the manufacturers that the race curcuits. More fun, less expense and no politics.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default F-2

Any company that thinks its F-2 boat will run around 85-90mph, then let the drivers do their thing

Cig
Fountain
Donzi
Outerlimits
Formula
AT
Sonic
Powerplay
Pantera
Etc.

I know I am missing a few, but if manufactures want to sell sell F-2 boats, they need to get them out there.

Just my .02

Randy Wild
Old 09-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I looked in my owner's manual, but I couldn't find the answer to this one...

Anyway, my opinion will have to suffice. Why Race, you ask?? It's pretty simple from a mfg's point of view...If you're going to market a High-performance anything(be it a car, boat, etc) and brag about it in magazine ads, hype it up to the consumer, you might as well prove the design and performance, right? And it also provides baselines and comparisons...Speed records, wins, proven durability and the ability to 'hang' with the best of 'em is what the customer desires. Racing is the only one way to prove it.....it's certainly not with pretty pictures within an advertiser-based publication.

Just my $0.02...If I was building what I felt was a high-performance boat, I'd want to make damn sure recognition came from the race course.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:37 AM
Registered

i know more manufactures are going to poker runs for image...as there are more X racers going over to poker runs as well...is the poker run venue a proper place to test a new or updated hull design? RonP had a great point....it can make or break a company.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:41 AM
Registered

BD...if you believe this to be true?....what made you buy a baja with the power pant that you did? i have no idea what you have by the way....did racing have an effect on your purchase?..or was it price?

Quick Reply: What companies should be racing F2?...Owners please chine in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.