Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cash Bar Credit (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/322992-cash-bar-credit.html)

sixmassive 02-11-2015 06:46 PM

Cash Bar Credit

Happy boat show weekend guys!! I hope all you lucky bastards that are going have a blast!

I just wanted to give Cash Bar some credit, especially since this was where we pretty much met. Almost 3 years ago he started helping me find my first investment property in Ft lauderdale. I was newish to the town and new to real estate. I've never owned a property before, but I felt that an investment property should be my first purchase. I was set on lauderdale because that was all I knew. We looked at a few places here and there and nothing really was standing out. After a few showings he convinced me to check out a few places in Pompano. Pompano felt like I was driving to Palm Beach the first time. He showed me a triplex in need of some maintenance, poor management. and low rents, and better yet, it was 1 block off A1A.

He advised that Pompano was a good investment area and the location should not have problems with vacancies or resale in a few years. He also introduced me to another OSOmember who became almost like a mentor. Now that I think about it, I got my mortgage guy, title company and most of my tenants through him too lol

All in all he was right. In the first 3 months we had a 15% cap property and was fully rented. With the help of the other OSOmember, we fixed it up unit by unit. We recently listed the property, he suggested a way higher list price than I had in mind, and we had an offer in 2 days. Then a backup Cash offer. After 2 months of Buyer BS, we finally closed today. I feel I made a great return on my original investment ~40%. On to the next properties!

If you're looking for something in S Fl, don't hesitate to PM him.

Thanks again OSO and Cash Bar!

mike tkach 02-11-2015 06:52 PM

i always love to hear this kind of story.more proof of the power of oso,and the people who go above and beyond.

jbraun2828 02-11-2015 08:17 PM

Great story, good for you and cash bar. Good luck luck with the next one.

SummerObsession 02-11-2015 08:30 PM

Damn! And I thought his best talent was bumming rides on the coolest boats in the nation! Well, that and coming up with good names for boats. :D:drink:
Who knew? ;)

Haha just yanking your chain CashBar!

Drew555 02-11-2015 08:40 PM

Hell yeah! I'm looking for property in fla. Also. Can't stand the cold anymore. We are going to be below 0 this weekend. I am really interested in land mostly. Inter coastal with bulk head :)

F-2 Speedy 02-11-2015 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I heard Mr. Bar is a big fan :santa:

Cash Bar 02-11-2015 10:25 PM

Thanks Sixmassive(Angelo)!!

I'm glad it worked out even better than I predicted it would. It's been a pleasure and I'm happy to call you a friend. People like you are why I only work with friends or people I feel will become friends.

I'm all over this next deal. Not promising 40% again but it's a nice round number. :flag:

Indy 02-12-2015 06:31 AM

I tried to get something going with Greg but my funding dried up unfortunately. He was responsive, knowledgeable and I would have definitely done a deal with him. Hopefully my funding comes back and I'm able to work with him again.

Jupiter Sunsation 02-12-2015 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 4263682)
Thanks Sixmassive(Angelo)!!

I'm glad it worked out even better than I predicted it would. It's been a pleasure and I'm happy to call you a friend. People like you are why I only work with friends or people I feel will become friends.

I'm all over this next deal. Not promising 40% again but it's a nice round number. :flag:

This has "future Beware of" thread written all over it! :D

Starts with, I thought I was guaranteed 40% returns if I bought real estate with this guy and I only made 20%. That is BS and I am going to rant about it everywhere I can (of course from a 14 post member). :food-smiley-007:

Wobble 02-12-2015 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 4263740)
This has "future Beware of" thread written all over it! :D

Starts with, I thought I was guaranteed 40% returns if I bought real estate with this guy and I only made 20%. That is BS and I am going to rant about it everywhere I can (of course from a 14 post member). :food-smiley-007:

LOL

I imagine this is how Ponzi schemes get started. :drink: