Indmar Honored For ROUSH-Charged Raptor 575 Engine >

Indmar Honored For ROUSH-Charged Raptor 575 Engine

Notices

Indmar Honored For ROUSH-Charged Raptor 575 Engine

Old 02-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Here's a story from the home page of OSO you guys may have missed, http://www.offshoreonly.com/articles...rnative-energy. (I know a lot of people don't even know OSO has a home page) with a little more detail.

I have already fielded a phone call from a boat builder about the possibility of doing a project with the Indmar ROUSH 575 Raptor engine. (The builder wants to remain nameless until/unless the project happens.) Obvioulsy, Indmar can adjust the tuning and horespower/torque outputs for the application. The current version of the engine is set up for towboats, and that means big torque in the low end of the engine's operating range.

I don't see this as an "anti-Mercury" story, not in the least. Being a diehard capitalist, I believe in choices for consumers. On any number of levels, choice is a good thing.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:47 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I think what has happened here as of late - a lot of segments of marine boat builders has hit up Indmar for them to start rethinking selling the Ford Raptor engine packages to a broader application buyer. I do know about the engines somewhat but have not had any service training on them. This up front might make someone rethink about not installing them for the fear of yes we can install them but we are still getting more in depth trained on them. I am not saying this a negative way as I know Indmar has tested these to no end but as with any product easy to sell but if you can not fix it properly in a proper amount of time, it can hurt the overall product.

There is no cool fuel system nor external mounted electric fuel pump(s) designed into these engines as of yet, the reason is Indmar leaves it up to the boat builder to install all fuel pumps in the gas tank for the fueling system.

There is 2 spark plugs per cylinder. Indmar has lowered the torque curve rpms for these engines as they call it TCP = torque centric performance - this means that higher torque and HP is at lower rpm ranges 2500 thru 3500 rpms. They claim more where you need it for the towboat owner to experience faster acceleration, faster planning, reduce internal wear and better fuel economy.

All apps are closed cooled, a couple of other ECM monitoring systems that this package offers is water flow monitoring, cylinder head temp, fuel pressure and 02 wide band among other system monitoring.

Last edited by BUP; 02-28-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:03 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

FYI - Illmor marine for their LS base engine packages will be offering Yanmar outdrives / transom assemblies. These outdrives from Yanmar are twin props offerings. Illmor is trying to extend their market share as well.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy1005
I've been contemplating having a 30' cat built with a pair of the non supercharged 440 motors for the past couple of months. I gotta say I really like the Ford 6.2, just trying to figure out which drives would match best and how bad insurance is going to rake me over the coals......gotta admit though it'd be nice to be the only person on the water with that setup.
I think JWAY pointed out your solution