New super water repellant treatment for metal >

New super water repellant treatment for metal

Notices

New super water repellant treatment for metal

Old 02-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
Offshoredrillin, when you say you have the paint done, do you mean something was mixed into the paint before it was applied? Or was one of the products applied to the boat after it was painted?

Thanks!
What offshoredrillin is referring to is something called paint coatings. This is sealant that is applied to paint after it has been buffed and prepped properly by a professional or enthusiast. I use it on my personal car, however I use a product called Cosmic from Polish Angel. I have applied it to my car about a year and a half ago and to this day it still beads like the day I applied it. Another great feature these coatings have is they are harder than clear coat, therefore they provide scratch protection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPFK2KoUiUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUANNEIBvU
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I was always afraid such coatings would turn yellow.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

What i have on my boat is ExoV2 from gtechniq. Hydrophobic coatings wont turn color but they wont last forever. There are new ones daily, opti coat has a new gloss as well as gtech serum and modesta. Each of these should be applied to clean, fresh prepped/corrected paint.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
What i have on my boat is ExoV2 from gtechniq. Hydrophobic coatings wont turn color but they wont last forever. There are new ones daily, opti coat has a new gloss as well as gtech serum and modesta. Each of these should be applied to clean, fresh prepped/corrected paint.
I've heard good things about Exov2. I bought C2 and the application was very easy. The reviews say Exo looks better. Glad someone in the power boating world uses coatings! Glad it worked out for you.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cool, thanks for the info
Old 02-18-2015, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
I've heard good things about Exov2. I bought C2 and the application was very easy. The reviews say Exo looks better. Glad someone in the power boating world uses coatings! Glad it worked out for you.
Exo is a good product, just now Gtech US is having issues so its basically not being sold here and stockpiles are diminishing, my detailer is doing 5 cars a week and we are looking at different products and their hydrophobic properties. C quartz is very nice as well as opti glass. Im going to have one on the tiger from the rub rail up as well as my 20, so i may try a couple diff ones and see how they react. if you want to see how some of them look on cars you can see them on my shop facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PROFO...22806267747363
Old 02-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Exo is a good product, just now Gtech US is having issues so its basically not being sold here and stockpiles are diminishing, my detailer is doing 5 cars a week and we are looking at different products and their hydrophobic properties. C quartz is very nice as well as opti glass. Im going to have one on the tiger from the rub rail up as well as my 20, so i may try a couple diff ones and see how they react. if you want to see how some of them look on cars you can see them on my shop facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PROFO...22806267747363
Awesome, just liked your page on FB. I'm unsure if Angel Polish is a viable product for you due its cost however it is by far the best product I have ever used. Each order is made to order in Germany and two day shipped to your door. It cuts and finishes nearly LSP ready and does not contain any fillers or oils so no need to ISO after polishing steps. Pretty big time saver and amazingly easy to use. Have you heard of them?

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 02-18-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I havent heard of it, ill do some searching on it today.