Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Info and pics on the Sonic cat. >

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Notices

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me... the deck looked terribly wavy, needs a busy wrap to cover it up.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan
To me... the deck looked terribly wavy, needs a busy wrap to cover it up.
Then it stands to reason that Sonic/Frisini did the layup. I was hoping it was done at Mystic or another quality 3rd-party place.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:14 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Then it stands to reason that Sonic/Frisini did the layup. I was hoping it was done at Mystic or another quality 3rd-party place.
Does Frisini own Sonic or has it been bought by someone else.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nordic bought the mold from Peter. Him and Nordic have a great relationship. Nice try though.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Nordic asked permission to copy a 40 when they built their 43...different deal. Target was a splash of a 32.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

I didn't know the story on it, but my myself and one of the biggest boat dealer ever went looked at it and thought it looked pretty damn good. Real good for $225K. He was concerned about the weight, but said he could sell them all day long for that price. I thought it was a lot of Boat for the money.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I didn't know the story on it, but my myself and one of the biggest boat dealer ever went looked at it and thought it looked pretty damn good. Real good for $225K. He was concerned about the weight, but said he could sell them all day long for that price. I thought it was a lot of Boat for the money.
+1 on bang for the buck but speaking from experience the bravos on a 32 cat will be the weak link and potentially spoil what should be an exciting new purchase.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread has quickly diverged into "people who would like to see the brand/any performance boats/obtainable cats" move forward and "people and their friends who have agendas (possibly well justified) against the current owners. For those of us that don't know all the back stories, could you just preface you posts one way or another, Thank you.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

What would a new 32 Skater flat deck HULL on a trailer cost new? I'd bet more than that Sonic cat complete. Seems like ALOT of bang for the buck. The 525/XR Target cats supposedly ran about 120mph. All it'd take to find out for sure is to call Larry Goldman and ask since he's been around a few.

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Peter is probably used to it by now. I mean 1st the Victory boats then US based Victory aka Mti, and on from there. Reggies bottoms were copied too. Boats are like the NFL aka copy cat league! If it works so it!
You nailed it. You forgot to mention the Motion/Spectre derivatives that are Skater based though. If people are going to not buy a boat because it was splashed off a Skater hull, it'd eliminate a bunch of brands.

Last edited by Plowtownmissile; 02-16-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Not trying to thread jack here, but is there any threads talking about real world situations with splashing other hulls? Say like theortically, I bought a ts cig vice and splashed it, built an entry level v hull. (Theoretically) since cig doesn't and hasn't made a 30 vice for some time, is there any legal reprecussions or like normal patents needing to change 20 or 30% ? I would just be curious or is it all fair game ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.