Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Notices

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:20 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
what is that hull Tim? just curious really, good looking boat.
An original Spectre by Jay .
Sadly it was stolen from Brick, NJ on one New Years Eve and later found out on Long Island stripped and cut up . Also cut up the stringers ???

I called Frankie one day that used to work in Ft Pierce plant to see if I could buy it. With my experience in glass work I could fix it myself. I was considering making a photo boat out of it with a mini tower.

I believe he was going to check with the owner but never heard anything more about it. I assume it is still just sitting there unless it was used for another purpose....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 02-25-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
It was asked early in the thread if the cat was a new boat and nobody seemed to know. I got a call last night suggesting that it's the Target that was in the OSO classifieds for awhile. Split the deck and running surface, pull some molds and put it back together as a new boat. Does anyone know who or where that boat from the classifieds went?
I tried to buy it when it was all white (before the wrap) for asking price (sub-$100k) but the owner changed his mind and wanted to run it for the summer as I was told. Later it popped back up with the wrap at a much higher price. I "heard" it went to Cobra Power as in either they bought it or one of their customers did.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by tzrider
Chuck
I don't have a dog in this fight nor do I have anything to gain. With that being said, I do however have a simple question.
What would you consider the right thing to do? or more simply what is it that you would like to rectify the issue.
I'll say you're incorrect...we all have a dog in this fight. Many members on this site have been victims of shady boat/mechanic/parts deals here, some of them more well known than others. It's a plague that seems to pervade this small segment of the overall marine industry and it makes those who operate with integrity have to jump through hoops to garner business at times. We also pay for some of this BS through higher insurance prices, we're not immune from this type of underhanded garbage.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indy
Valid point especially when looking at the big picture. The smaller picture and what I meant by my comment was that I don't know either party nor do I have a vested interest in either. I have read all the posts and know a bit about the history, I have read Chucks continual bashing ( maybe rightfully so) and his statements about doing the right thing so I was curious as to what the right thing is.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Indy
Valid point especially when looking at the big picture. The smaller picture and what I meant by my comment was that I don't know either party nor do I have a vested interest in either. I have read all the posts and know a bit about the history, I have read Chucks continual bashing ( maybe rightfully so) and his statements about doing the right thing so I was curious as to what the right thing is.
We still don't know Frisina's side, surely there had to be some demands (reasonable or not) for delivery. Silence just creates suspicion. I agree with the micro view of this, nobody but Chuck has a vested interest in this but the bigger picture is what most of us are interested in.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Registered

If I were Chuck, I would want a full refund with interest.
What appears to have been ordered cannot be delivered .
Other than the shape and length of the boat, from what I read Chuck had special gauges and interior designed for his boat that appears to have been removed after the company was no longer permitted to use the Spectre name.... Seems fair enough. If you can't deliver the new boat as ordered give him a refund. Sell it to someone else. Now being a demo, the boat is a "used boat".
Old 02-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Indy
Sorry for the delay I was working in areas with limited internet. The bottom line is Frisina / Arrow Powerboats can't sell me what I purchased and due to the fact of the details I know concerning the first 36 structural issues getting the boat isn't an option I'm interested in. The boat is also a 2012 when it was almost complete in June of 2013. So to answer your question, I would like the figures reflected in my original agreement with OCM and the money we agreed to for the ten weeks I worked for Arrow Powerboats. Please note that this still leaves me at a substantial loss, legal fees, time off work chasing this thing, reimbursement for stereo and tv work that was payed and drop shipped at my expense, and expenses not reimbursed while working there. I think this seems reasonable. What do you think?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Indy
We still don't know Frisina's side, surely there had to be some demands (reasonable or not) for delivery. Silence just creates suspicion. I agree with the micro view of this, nobody but Chuck has a vested interest in this but the bigger picture is what most of us are interested in.
I would welcome an open debate with Frisina or even a representative designated by him. I have two phones with two years of texts collaborating everything I have stated.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Registered

Chuck
I'm far from a representative for anybody, just a curious OSO member. I did meet Tony recently at the Miami boat show and had a brief conversation about the new 32, I also mentioned that after reading your posts that I'd be nervous if not reluctant to do business with him. He seemed humbled by my statement and said although he has his side to the story he felt it shouldn't be hashed out in a forum. I knew and know a bit of the history and thought I'd just ask you outright and appreciate your candor, I also thought by asking maybe some good could come from it.
Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm reading between the lines of your previous posts
You paid for the boat in full and it was never finished?
How much was owed for your ten weeks of work
Legal fees? You hired an attorney to help resolve this cluster f#%k ?
I know I'm asking some direct questions and certainly you don't owe an answer
Old 02-25-2015, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

If tony himself says it shouldnt be hashed out in a forum, why hasnt he settled it yet then? Its pretty simple, he cant/wont reimburse chuck and the option for a boat is off the table. Sorry, if someone wants something settled, it gets settled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.