Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Notices

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:44 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
The cat is sitting at the factory completely de-rigged. When asked why, they said it didn't run as they had expected and wouldn't sell it if it didn't run as it should.
oeps .... hope they get it right !
Old 08-22-2016, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard from a lot of people at the poker runs that it porpoises bad and turned horrible.
Paint job was nice thou.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
I heard from a lot of people at the poker runs that it porpoises bad and turned horrible.
Paint job was nice thou.
Since there are two different 32 Sonic cats(target/spectre) we might need to clarify which one has which porblems. LOL
Old 08-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Since there are two different 32 Sonic cats(target/spectre) we might need to clarify which one has which porblems. LOL
According to Reid at Sonic the red/maroon one was the Target. I do not know that to be fact. I do know it was derigged and sitting in the parking lot.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Both ��
Old 08-24-2016, 06:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks pretty good here.

https://youtu.be/tdNYvTGy2UE

and here

https://youtu.be/N0zLnVYRhLI

Last edited by BONDO10; 08-24-2016 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:06 AM
Registered

These are quotes off their facebook page about this boat...Sounds like a pretty good boat to me from some qualified people.

BRAD SHOENWALD (POWERBOAT NATION)
Powerboat Nation recently attended the Biloxi Poker Run and had the great opportunity to run the all new 32 Sonic Powerboats Super Cat rigged with Mercury Racing 400R outboards.

The 32 Cat measures in with an overall length of 32’7″ and a beam of 10’6″, capable of carrying 300 gallons of fuel, seating for 6 and a dry displacement of 7,000 lbs.

In the moderately rough and windy conditions around Biloxi, consisting of 2 to 3 foot waves and 15 knots of wind, the boat performed remarkably well. A top speed of 107 MPH was recorded with regular stock 4 Blade Mercury propellers, a half tank of fuel, and two male adults on board. There is no doubt with a proper set of propellers the boat will really step out and go. The deep seated cockpit holds 5 very comfortable and securely. Another notable feature is how well backseat vision is along with good wind protection.

With the high end TAOD paint job, custom interior, and 400R Mercury Racing Outboards, the boat is offered at just under $250,000.00. Not a bad price considering all you get, but you can also order the same performance without the extra cost of paint and other amenities for far less than you can imagine.

JASON JOHNSON (SPEED ON THE WATER) AND TONY CANALE (CANALE MARINE/WORLD CHAMPION RACER)
“That 32 Fast Cat is a great-running boat,” said Canale, who is planning to run the boat in this weekend’s Old Hickory Fun Run in Nashville. “It’s been a fun, safe boat to run, and it gets a lot of interest at the docks. I let people take their shoes off and come on board to see the quality for themselves. Only serious people get a ride.”

And journalists (wink). As mentioned, Canale and I ran the boat late Saturday afternoon before the poker run’s evening festivities began (we actually idled back in as the skydiver with a massive American flag in tow was landing at Lanier Islands). Unfortunately it was windy and raining on and off throughout the afternoon so the conditions weren’t great on the water. Still, the lightweight 32-footer responded well to the 400-hp engines. The midrange acceleration was quite apparent and the boat shot on plane in no time.

MIKE GRIFFITHS (MERCURY RACING)
“We reached 107 mph in some windy and snotty conditions in our first go round,” Griffiths said. “The boat rides well and handles great. I don’t know how much testing will get done before it leaves for the poker run, but there’s still more left that’s for sure.”

Last edited by VWI7343; 08-24-2016 at 08:14 AM.