Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Powerboat Manufactures that not everyone knows about! >

Powerboat Manufactures that not everyone knows about!

Notices

Powerboat Manufactures that not everyone knows about!

Old 09-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
85mph in 3' with a 22 pod cat....Uhh....no! After 9 posts of which one was a double post?

So you bought a I/O hull and you are going to mount an outboard on it? hmmmm?

That is some great rambling you have going one there.
My minihawk runs 90 in 5' ers
Old 09-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I am going to buy an I/O hull and put an OB on it for my family boat. You can say what you want that is fine. I run on lakes and 3' is about the worse it gets. If I ran bigger water than that I would have a bigger boat. I could buy whatever boat I want, what I choose to own is what I own. No prob, whatever. I did just join this site but I am no amateur on the lake we have had a house on a private lake since I was 8 (I am almost 50 now) and a lot of boats over the years. Haters are going to hate, that was my point and you did a good job driving it home. Thank you. I'll shoot some video next time the wind is up on the lake. Hell our JC Tritoon will fly over 3 footers as well but not at 85 like the Cougar it runs a lot smoother. You buy what you need for the water you run on right? At least that is what my father always did and I have done. Maybe I don't belong on such an elite site as this as I don't run in the ocean and when we build our retirement vacation home in FLA, (we already own a home on 8 acres in KY and a home in NC on 3 that are paid for) I am sure I will get an appropriate boat whatever it is I want at that time. For now I have lake boats. My response was in part to the guy who asked about how the Cougar handles chop.

Last edited by Baja170; 09-16-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Statement Marine

http://www.statementmarine.com/

While a lot of OSO knows them, they certainly are not a house hold name (yet)
Old 09-16-2015, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja170
No I am going to buy an I/O hull and put an OB on it for my family boat. You can say what you want that is fine. I run on lakes and 3' is about the worse it gets. If I ran bigger water than that I would have a bigger boat. I could buy whatever boat I want, what I choose to own is what I own. No prob, whatever. I did just join this site but I am no amateur on the lake we have had a house on a private lake since I was 8 (I am almost 50 now) and a lot of boats over the years. Haters are going to hate, that was my point and you did a good job driving it home. Thank you. I'll shoot some video next time the wind is up on the lake. Hell our JC Tritoon will fly over 3 footers as well but not at 85 like the Cougar it runs a lot smoother. You buy what you need for the water you run on right? At least that is what my father always did and I have done. Maybe I don't belong on such an elite site as this as I don't run in the ocean and when we build our retirement vacation home in FLA, (we already own a home on 8 acres in KY and a home in NC on 3 that are paid for) I am sure I will get an appropriate boat whatever it is I want at that time. For now I have lake boats. My response was in part to the guy who asked about how the Cougar handles chop.
I don't think it was a personal attack... don't take it that way. There's a lot of ball busting that goes on around here, ESPECIALLY when it comes to wave heights. Inside joke if you will.

My comment above was directed at Sommer, and was poking fun at this very phenomena.

Boat size pizzing matches and elitist attitudes are useless around here. Those that behave that way rarely last long. I joined when I had a 16' Aristocraft...

Welcome to OSO,
Old 09-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another west coast brand. Seem to put up pretty good #'s

http://www.howardboats.com/
Old 09-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lavey Craft is another that I don't think was mentioned that is still building boats....?
Old 09-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
My minihawk runs 90 in 5' ers
I thought only Apaches could run that fast in those conditions...
Old 09-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saber Marine!
Old 09-16-2015, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

count 'em…look at all the choices available….. the good old days of performance boats is right now…and these are the ones "nobody knows about" i.e. not the big names.

I think it really depends on what area of the country you're in…

With the exception of Eliminator, you almost never see the west coast contingent; Schiada, Lavey, Howard, Nordic etc east of the Mississippi & the same is probably true of the east coast guys not being well known out west.

Saber is in our backyard here in W. Mi and they do some really nice work..it's a shame they aren't more well known

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:47 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippery
With the exception of Eliminator, you almost never see the west coast contingent; Schiada, Lavey, Howard, Nordic etc east of the Mississippi & the same is probably true of the east coast guys not being well known out west.
I was one of the first to bring a Nordic (28') to the east coast, nice boat but it probably was better off staying on the west coast on a lake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.