Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hydromotive prop warranty problems!! >

Hydromotive prop warranty problems!!

Notices

Hydromotive prop warranty problems!!

Old 09-05-2002, 12:58 PM
Byron

I understand about the original owner, but does that mean when I sell my H-2 Hummer that the dealership won't pass on the warranty . Of couse they will as so will Mercury. If it's warranty defect I think they should just replace the product and say sorry, not have to fight about it.

Old 09-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've dealt with Tom at Hydromotive a few times and have had great response and great results with their props. The only problem I can remember is with a re-pitch that I threw a blade off, but I knew going into it that this would weaken the prop. As far as original owner, I would ask for help from the dealer you purchased the boat from. To me it seems props are hard to waranty because you don't know how the boat was used when the prop failed. Wardey
Old 09-05-2002, 01:41 PM
GRH

I'd ship the prop to Tom with a note explaining your situation again & ask him if there is anything he would be willing to do on a replacement prop(discount?) or if he would prefer to have a customer out there bad mouthing him forever..... I've dealt with the guy & he seems reasonable.... but from his perspective... 10hrs? 20, 30? where does he draw the line? and how would he verify it w/o seeing the prop? Send him the prop & ask for assistance.... its no good to you the way it is & don't bother to fix it... it won't last.....

Old 09-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Byron

He guys I did send the prop back, they admit the prop was the foundry's fault. I asked if you won't warranty the prop please work with me on a new one. He told me I was beating a dead horse, No Warranty BUY A NEW ONE OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

I overnighted 2 new Merc props for the weekend!

Old 09-05-2002, 08:52 PM
GRH

Bryon.... That was NOT a response I would have expected.... I don't blame you for not buying from them again.... I'm real disappointed in thier response..... not acceptable.... business must be real good for them for the time being anyway.... cause with that attitude.... I bought my last Hydromotive.... thanks for the warning...

Old 09-05-2002, 09:22 PM
27mmLoto

I spoke with the guy several times and thought he was great to deal with. He even tried to talk me into sharpening my props and not labbing them as it would be less money and retain more prop strength. That is when I told him I wanted the thinner blades for more rpm's as these were for Shootout use only and wouldn't be used on a daily basis. Because of my explaination he took it upon himself without my permission or knowledge to take an inch of pitch out of the props. Unfortunately he didn't know that I had made some cylinder head and carburation (sp?) improvements and had already gained what I wanted and the lab finish should have been perfect.
I saw his true colors when I asked him to change them back. I honestly did it in a nice way as I was happy with the quality of the work and wanted to maintain a good relationship with them.
He flat told me not to send them back that he did what was best for me and it was my fault they got changed. He never did explain why he didnt call or fax with the question prior to changing them.
If they were the only propeller manufacturer in the world I would buy a jetboat.
Steve

Old 09-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bet MR RIVERBOATS chimes in on this thread tomorrow.
Every one get ready to bow down.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:46 PM
Byron

So why are people still buying props from them if they have this terrible of customer service?

Old 09-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Byron

So you purchassed 2 new Merc's and Hydromotive lost a customer forever.

Hmmmm.....how easy would it have been for them to work with you.... retain a customer sell another prop and eliminate all this bad press.

Wish my business was that good.

Let me know how the merc's perform on your boat.

Maximus
Old 09-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a new board member earlier today with the name "hydromotive". I was kinda hoping to hear something interesting for him...