End of an Era: Janssen Selling Snowy Mountain Brewery >

End of an Era: Janssen Selling Snowy Mountain Brewery

Notices

End of an Era: Janssen Selling Snowy Mountain Brewery

Old 02-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Yeah, I thought it was already posted for sale in the past.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Agreed the team and boat dominated the class for years, but my point was he basically hung it up and listed the boat last season... deciding at the last minute to do KW.
CMS races infrequently during the regular season, but I wouldn't say that team has "hung it up." Bob Bull likes running in Key West and, power to him, he brought two boats there in 2014. (He is a fierce competitor for sure.) Even though he has not won three consecutive world titles, I would report the sale of any of his current boats because they are well known to offshore racing fans. If deciding to go to Key West "at the last minute" is some kind of racing sin, then there are plenty of sinners out there.

My sense, and of course I could be wrong, is you have a particular issue with SMB, as is of course your right. But as long as SBI runs under its current rules, barely showing up during the regular season and then coming to Key West is no reason to ignore the significant task and achievement of winning there, much less doing so three times in a row.

Your point is understood now that you've revealed it, but the question you put other there was: Why is this news? I believe I've answered it, though you might not agree.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt, you're WAY off base! I have zero issues with Doc, SMB, etc. In fact, I think it was BS that they kept penalizing them for being dominate... I don't blame them for walking away either!

There is no question Doc, his crew, and this OL have dominated the class.

Again, this just didn't seem to be much of a news flash as the boat basically wasn't raced for most of the 2014 season and it was listed for sale during that time.

Please carry on.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Matt, you're WAY off base! I have zero issues with Doc, SMB, etc. In fact, I think it was BS that they kept penalizing them for being dominate... I don't blame them for walking away either!

There is no question Doc, his crew, and this OL have dominated the class.

Again, this just didn't seem to be much of a news flash as the boat basically wasn't raced for most of the 2014 season and it was listed for sale during that time.

Please carry on.
Well then, my bad. All apologies for the misinterpretation and assumption. I just noticed the thing came up for sale (listing date was 2/24) and made a phone call.

Though I try not to make assumptions and overthink things, it's not the first time I've done that. So again, all apologies for misinterpreting.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Cool boat with great race history! At some point most racers realize they have nothing left to prove, got enough trophies to last a lifetime and move on.

As far as the boat, it is going to take a lot of talent to "fill those shoes" so like Bill Pyburn's old Pure Platinum it is going to take someone with big skills to run SMB the way Doc did.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that why the old watch your back has not been as good sence he sold it? Talent or HP or both ! Still liked the cartoon with larry king cheating in KW !��
Old 02-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

i understand the reasons that he doesn't have the price stated. but i am curious of how pricing of a race boat goes? i am to guess being carbon makes a higher value? what type of value does 3 world titles put on it? i know the boat is 3 years old but i would guess with the great construction it should hold good value even after being raced many times (but considered to other race boats out there this is new)
Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 AM
Registered

I would not have use the term era "era, a very long span of geological time"

That should be saved for when someone like JT, Steve Curtis, Bobby Moore, Bob Teague, Bary Ballough or even Steve Miklos retires.

Not someone that only raced for 3 years.

Sorry
Old 02-26-2015, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm pretty sure Brian Forehand has raced and dominated more than 3 years. No one in that class has the skills or balls to run like Forehand. His winning record in numerous boats proves that.

Originally Posted by yahoo
I would not have use the term era "era, a very long span of geological time"

That should be saved for when someone like JT, Steve Curtis, Bobby Moore, Bob Teague, Bary Ballough or even Steve Miklos retires.

Not someone that only raced for 3 years.

Sorry
Old 02-26-2015, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bummer . I would like to have seen the Snowy boat race the new sunprint boat with Gary Deciuces at the wheel .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.