Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
96 Concord LS-7 (HP500) ? Anyone familiar? >

96 Concord LS-7 (HP500) ? Anyone familiar?

Notices

96 Concord LS-7 (HP500) ? Anyone familiar?

Old 03-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Concord LS-7 (HP500) ? Anyone familiar?

Hi all,
Just picked up a MINT 1996 Concord LS-7 w/ a HP500, Bravo 1.50
Factory original with 163 hours.
Factory Blueprinted hull
Has anyone had any experience with this hull?
Wondering how it handles and what type of speed to expect.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:39 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

man that things a time capsule, nice find.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really nice boat , looks alot like a 240 baja , no affence
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tim brown
really nice boat , looks alot like a 240 baja , no affence
That's a pretty accurate statement actually. I believe the owner of Concord used to be an owner of Baja. I used to own 23 ls7 with a 300xs it was a great boat! Enjoy it!!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Registered

Real nice looking boat
Old 03-07-2015, 08:59 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Not that I followed every boat from Concord but I really do not remember them with a HP 500 in anything 24 ft and down. Anyways the boats use to be built in Sherwood Arkansas but now have a Mississippi phone #.

Checkmate many years ago as to however Baja was founded and then the guy at Concord had something to do with all of it also - short of story not knowing the depth of it - all 3 persons went their own way - really do not know the details but Concord boats were from 80's Baja molds and I think a couple of older Checkmates.

I believe the LS-7 is a 23 ft boat not counting swim platform and around 93 inch beam. It was built with an outboard as well and was 4 sure from a Baja mold but it could as well been from the birth of Checkmate mold first then a Baja, then off to Concord ..

Your boat is very clean and well kept - keep water out of the boat as in the past when I did see some of these Concord's they had wood rot more so than the Checkmates did. A lot of it has to do with the boat - the way it is stored.

www.concordboats.com

Last edited by BUP; 03-07-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Registered

immaculate, i really like the exhaust out of the swim platform.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Not that I followed every boat from Concord but I really do not remember them with a HP 500 in anything 24 ft and down. Anyways the boats use to be built in Sherwood Arkansas but now have a Mississippi phone #.

Checkmate many years ago as to however Baja was founded and then the guy at Concord had something to do with all of it also - short of story not knowing the depth of it - all 3 persons went their own way - really do not know the details but Concord boats were from 80's Baja molds and I think a couple of older Checkmates.

I believe the LS-7 is a 23 ft boat not counting swim platform and around 93 inch beam. It was built with an outboard as well and was 4 sure from a Baja mold but it could as well been from the birth of Checkmate mold first then a Baja, then off to Concord ..

Your boat is very clean and well kept - keep water out of the boat as in the past when I did see some of these Concord's they had wood rot more so than the Checkmates did. A lot of it has to do with the boat - the way it is stored.

www.concordboats.com
This boat has been garage kept since day 1. Its dry as a bone, original owner said it never got rained on. Can't even find a water stain on any of the wood anywhere.
Have a new custom cover being made before I start using it just so it stays that way. It was custom ordered with the HP500.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice super clean well kept boat!!!, as said by a previous poster, the exhaust thru the swim platform is a nice touch.
May want to look into replacing the valve springs in that early HP500 in the near future.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:15 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I like your boat and is one of the cleanest used boats I have seen in long awhile. Surely a guy keeping his boat in great shape winterized properly as not knowing if you even ran it before buying it. Either way hopefully it was done before U bought it and after if needed again. Just asking that's it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.