What boat to buy for engine >

What boat to buy for engine

Notices

What boat to buy for engine

Old 03-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
Just any FYI, You are most likely going to have to change the camshaft in your engine. Usually cams that work in a jetboat will have reversion in a stern drive boat with a wet exhaust. Good luck in your search. If you want a boat with lots of space, it is going to be kind of hard to find in a single engine boat unless you go with a party cat.
In the jet boat it would spin to 6200 RPM. Do you think I should call comp cams before I put it in the new boat?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 22 Avanti that may be in your ball park. pm me.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess it's ok to post a link from the swap shop here, if not Mods let me know and I'll remove it, or of course you can.. ;-)
If your looking for something in the 22 range that will run very hard with 600hp and don't mind a little work then it may be something for you,, as mentioned in the add I would consider finishing the boat in various stages here at my shop if it the fit was right..
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...wer-train.html

I'm only 45min-1hr outside of Knoxville.. I also have an extremely nice 28 Saber that could be had for the right price as well..

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 03-17-2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

See if you can find an older 24' challenger if you go v bottom. I had one back in 89. They have a good greasy bottom/haul while still run well in 3 plus footers. Excellent all purpose boat for the size. 454/365 mag boat would run 69 on radar. There a good looking boat also. Plus you can find cheap from time to time with or without power.

600 hp should put you close to 90 mph
Old 03-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
I guess it's ok to post a link from the swap shop here, if not Mods let me know and I'll remove it, or of course you can.. ;-)
If your looking for something in the 22 range that will run very hard with 600hp and don't mind a little work then it may be something for you,, as mentioned in the add I would consider finishing the boat in various stages here at my shop if it the fit was right..
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...wer-train.html

Im 45-1hr out of Knoxville.. I also have an extremely nice 28 Saber that could be had for the right price as well..
I live in Roane County. PM me your info if you don't mind. I think its more work than I'm looking for but I would like to come look at it. I may have a buddy who does that type of work come out and price it for me.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I would talk to Bob Madera/marine kinetics about the cam. He will get you set up with a cam that will work properly in a stern drive. If you do a search on here you will find him.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Registered

What are you asking for the Saber?
Old 03-17-2015, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry guys my PM Box is full..

Sweat: I sent you an email on the Velocity

Powerplay Dave: I tried sending you one on the Saber but don't think you can get them from here.. Feel free to shoot me an email, just add my screen name to @comcast.net