Probably better not to........

Notices

Probably better not to........

Old 03-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Probably better not to........

Add up the cost of a restoration project.

Man. I just did a quick rundown of what I've got in my 24-7 pantera project. Yikes! The boat I could have bought outright had I gone that route.

I do just about all my work myself in my outbuilding. I cannot fathom what I'd have in this old resin bucket had I farmed the work out.

That said, I'm still glad Im doing the project as I'll have a connection with the boat when complete that you can't get by buying in. Also, being the second pantera ever produced makes it worth it to me to have saved it.

I can't imagine the cost impact of properly restoring a larger twin engine boat.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Rule #1 regarding boating...never ever account for your expenses. Any sane person would realize the futility of it and take up a more sane endeavor like BASE jumping.

Rule #2, throw away all receipts so you wife doesn't find them.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Doing a big glass job on my 32'. Ya feels good even after a lenghy shower every eve it still feels like there is sh.t poking me from the sheets. Need a good hazmat suit.

Btw I have a 78 24 pantera. Cool looking boat. Haven't had it in the water yet but will this summer. You have bbc or sbc?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Rule #1 regarding boating...never ever account for your expenses. Any sane person would realize the futility of it and take up a more sane endeavor like BASE jumping.

Rule #2, throw away all receipts so you wife doesn't find them.
Amen! Some things are better off left forgotten.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My insurance policy is stated value, so I send a scan of receipts to my insurance guy, then I put all the receipts into a file cabinet. This particular file cabinet sets atop a trash can and growls when I put receipts in it.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
doing a big glass job on my 32'. Ya feels good even after a lenghy shower every eve it still feels like there is sh.t poking me from the sheets. Need a good hazmat suit.

Btw i have a 78 24 pantera. Cool looking boat. Haven't had it in the water yet but will this summer. You have bbc or sbc?
bbc. 512 na.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEeqCbEFIJw
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Ferraris aren't much better......A client just bought a 4K mile late model V12.....had a service done ($13,000) to make sure it was driveable......1st ride ended with a tow to the stealership and they have no idea why it quit! Guy has 30K into the car (taxes, registration, insurance, service) and he hasn't gone over the speed limit and probably didn't get 10 miles on it yet!
Old 03-16-2015, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get just as much if not more enjoyment out of working on my boat as I do driving it. In fact once I get my boat just how I want it I get bored with it and sell to move on to the next one.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Doing a big glass job on my 32'. Ya feels good even after a lenghy shower every eve it still feels like there is sh.t poking me from the sheets. Need a good hazmat suit.

Btw I have a 78 24 pantera. Cool looking boat. Haven't had it in the water yet but will this summer. You have bbc or sbc?
I used a tyvec painters suit last time I did glass work and it works like a charm for the night time itch. I got it at home depot for $13..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.