Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mallory Merges with MSD (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/324207-mallory-merges-msd.html)

BUP 03-18-2015 10:10 PM

Mallory Merges with MSD

FWIW - MSDP group now owns Mallory, MSD, Accel, Mr.Gasket, Superchips, Edge, Racepak, Hays, Lakewood. That's 3 ignition companies under the group. Wonder if this will improve quality and tech or not ? Time will tell.

I'CE 03-18-2015 10:28 PM

control of pricing oh boy . :eek:

weldcrane 03-19-2015 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by BUP (Post 4280855)
FWIW - MSDP group now owns Mallory, MSD, Accel, Mr.Gasket, Superchips, Edge, Racepak, Hays, Lakewood. That's 3 ignition companies under the group. Wonder if this will improve quality and tech or not ? Time will tell.

yes you are correct msd owns mallory and they sold there marine division to sierra .
i called mallory couple months back taliked to one of the techs real good guy he gave me the info i needed next step was to order 2 distributors he told me i had to go to sierra well that didnt work they couldnt find there own part number then i called cp performance perfect so i thought!!!! couple weeks later i called mallory again for a simple question tech refused to give me any info what so ever he reminded me the marine division had been sold to sierra then i asked him if his brain had been to them also then i hung up it even gets better now i go to install distributors and noticed one had alot of vertical play on the shaft that holds the rotor not good the 4 little plastic bushing that hold the advance weights in place were broke thought i would find them online not had to call mallory which i did spoke with scott lead tech? he knew exactly what i was talking about but refused to sell me them WTF told me if i wanted it to be fixed that i had to ship it to them to be fixed well thats not going to happen next step i ordered 4 little bronze bushings from mc-master-carr had them the next day all set now so if you need any sort of tech support from mallory marine your SCREWED !!!!!!!!

turbo2256b 03-19-2015 05:44 AM

I have become fed up with several of those companies over the last few years some as far back as 40 some years. Know quite a few companies go down the tubes in various venues got bye bye when customer service goes to ....

Wildman_grafix 03-19-2015 05:57 AM

I think SCT is part of edge and super chips.

brian41 03-19-2015 06:59 AM

I would not own either products so I am glad they are together.

TBAG 03-19-2015 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 4280933)
I would not own either products so I am glad they are together.

So what ignition products do you use?

weldcrane 03-19-2015 09:09 AM

Other than the plastic bushing being broke the internals are nice if it's not aluminum it's brass

brian41 03-19-2015 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by TBAG (Post 4280951)
So what ignition products do you use?

Crane, Dayton, Holley or Mercruiser.

turbo2256b 03-19-2015 09:40 AM

i HAVE BEEN THIKING OF GOING DISTRIBUTORLESS something like Electromotive coil pack set ups using carbs still.